This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, I actually voted for that. MJ has never been legal here in the state, alcohol has been legal since the end of prohibition, I wasn’t around to vote on that issue.

That doesn't matter. If you're worried about people driving, statistically you should worry about cell phones, distracted drivers, then alcohol. If driving will impaired really is your rub, why don't you consider issues that have FAR more impact? Does it just not fit your narrative?

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're going to make an argument, at least come up with your own. This one belongs to the gun control lobby.
I not making any argument, this is just my opinion on what I believe in, and no I’m not a saint. I used to do my share of recreational drinking on the weekends and have had a couple of wrecks while doing it, no bodily harm to anyone other than me. So I haven't drank in over 23 years.

And don’t bring up the gun control lobby because I have my FFL and sell guns.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I not making any argument, this is just my opinion on what I believe in, and no I’m not a saint. I used to do my share of recreational drinking on the weekends and have had a couple of wrecks while doing it, no bodily harm to anyone other than me. So I haven't drank in over 23 years.

And don’t bring up the gun control lobby because I have my FFL and sell guns.

Don't get me wrong. I support you having an opinion, even if it's hypocritical. Being an FFL, you should not want to restrict the rights and freedoms of the many because of the actions of the few. I was merely pointing out the stunningly similar parallel in your thoughts on MJ and the gun control lobbies thoughts on firearms.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That doesn't matter. If you're worried about people driving, statistically you should worry about cell phones, distracted drivers, then alcohol. If driving will impaired really is your rub, why don't you consider issues that have FAR more impact? Does it just not fit your narrative?
I’ve had one wreck while I was on my cell phone, I get distracted when I see deer or turkeys in a field, and as I said in my other response I’ve had a couple wrecks while I was drinking when I was a kid. So I can say I’ve been there and done that. If you’re gonna be dumb you better be tough.

Like I said I’ve never done any type of drugs and can’t say what they do to a person, but I have been in on a few wrecks where there was just mj involved due to me being on our local fire department.

What I’m saying is, and I’m not talking about medical mj just recreational use, I don’t want to be on the road or in general just around someone that has been smoking it.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I support you having an opinion, even if it's hypocritical. Being an FFL, you should not want to restrict the rights and freedoms of the many because of the actions of the few. I was merely pointing out the stunningly similar parallel in your thoughts on MJ and the gun control lobbies thoughts on firearms.
If I was being hypocritical I would have voted no on the alcohol question, but like I said I’ve had my share of 3.2 sickness, and we have had 2 family members killed by a drunk driver.

It’s just my thought or opinion that the medical side of it will get abused like it has on the opiates. And before I get comments on this statement my wife used to work for a large hospital and has been in on the abuse caised by the docs that wrote the scripts for the opiates.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had one wreck while I was on my cell phone, I get distracted when I see deer or turkeys in a field, and as I said in my other response I’ve had a couple wrecks while I was drinking when I was a kid. So I can say I’ve been there and done that. If you’re gonna be dumb you better be tough.

Like I said I’ve never done any type of drugs and can’t say what they do to a person, but I have been in on a few wrecks where there was just mj involved due to me being on our local fire department.

What I’m saying is, and I’m not talking about medical mj just recreational use, I don’t want to be on the road or in general just around someone that has been smoking it.
I understand completely.

The point was that the laws aren't doing squat to prevent people from driving under the influence...of anything. You not only admit it, you're the proof, at least as far as alcohol goes. You admit you've "been in on a few wrecks where there was just mj involved." So tell us, please, how it being illegal is stopping anything.

Countries that have legalized drugs have generally seen usage rates decline, not increase...kind of like how CCW laws haven't produced an increase in gun crime.

The facts don't support you; your argument really is just about a search-and-replace away from the anti-gunners' argument.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I agree with you on the laws being anywhere near effective, they are far from it. And yes, thank the good Lord I only caused harm to myself back in the youner days.

If the courts would find some backbone and truly punish the offenders, and no I’m not talking just about mj users but hard drugs, and violent acts of crime, then maybe things would change. Don’t put these knuckle heads in jail with X amount of appeals for years upon years.

I say all of the above if there is not doubt the offender is 100% guilty.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s just my thought or opinion that the medical side of it will get abused like it has on the opiates. And before I get comments on this statement my wife used to work for a large hospital and has been in on the abuse caised by the docs that wrote the scripts for the opiates.

I get it, and I support you having that opinion. But it's odd that we, as firearm enthusiasts can tow the line of not letting legislation be drawn because of a 'few bad apples', but you're completely fine letting a few bad apples dictate your feelings on a similar issue of freedom.

Adding that your experience in the medical field is, if at all, relevant or supportive in any manner, as an expert in some theoretical future situation is on the same plane as David Hogg presenting himself as the expert on why we need gun control because he was in a building that experienced a rare school shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom