This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldGringo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted “yes” from the angle of individual freedoms. I don’t intend to partake, however.

I do have a question - What happens when a medical marijuana user answers “yes” to question 11.e on the ATF Form 4473? I think they will be denied the firearm transfer. If they answer “no” then they are committing a crime.

They have to deny the transfer. Federal courts have ruled on that very issue. Case was Wilson v. Lynch. Lady denied to purchase a gun I Las Vegas because she had a MM card. If the dealer had sold it to her, he would lose his FFL and absolutely be prosecuted for an illegal gun sale. Case was filed in 2011 and Federal Court of Appeals, 9th circuit ruled Feds must deny license to any holder of a MM card. Read the entire case. It details not only the law but the current state of medical issues. Remember, the MJ today is nothing like 20-30 years ago, which was 3-4% THC in Oklahoma. Average in Colorado today is 17.% for buds and concentrated can be high as 62%. You can put a little concentrate in a VAPE and be bonkers for hours in 3-4 minutes. https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2016/08/31/14-15700.pdf

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have to deny the transfer. Federal courts have ruled on that very issue. Case was Wilson v. Lynch. Lady denied to purchase a gun I Las Vegas because she had a MM card. If the dealer had sold it to her, he would lose his FFL and absolutely be prosecuted for an illegal gun sale. Case was filed in 2011 and Federal Court of Appeals, 9th circuit ruled Feds must deny license to any holder of a MM card. Read the entire case. It details not only the law but the current state of medical issues. Remember, the MJ today is nothing like 20-30 years ago, which was 3-4% THC in Oklahoma. Average in Colorado today is 17.% for buds and concentrated can be high as 62%. You can put a little concentrate in a VAPE and be bonkers for hours in 3-4 minutes. https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2016/08/31/14-15700.pdf

I have some flower in front of me that is 30.5% THC and 2% CBD and I still can find actual statistics better than you.

My cartridge of hybrid personal oils are 95% THC.

I will still be able to tell you more people die from sugar, than from Cannabis. Go regulate Coca-Cola. Your barking up the wroooong stat finder.

Lets talk about the wasted war on drugs. The billions in infrastructure neglected for what amounted to a CIA money laundering operation. We know they ran guns, and drugs. Cannabis alone has funded more for profit prison systems, so while one man suffers for some cannabis, another gets rich, off your DIME.

Heck MY DIMES!

I am not ok with that.

How about. NO ONE SUFFERS. We all get freedom of choice and commerce. And the for profit prison system can still be filled, LE just has to do actual work and put REAL criminals in them. Not fish in a barrel handed to the prison profiteers on a platter by the Federal Goons who run a defacto Monopoly on illegal drugs.

Get off your high horse.

Last edited:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wilson could have amassed legal firearms before acquiring a registry card, and 18 U.S.C. § 922(d)(3), 27 C.F.R. § 478.11, and the Open Letter would not impede her right to keep her firearms or to use them to protect herself and her home.

That’s interesting to read in light of the Hawaii stories going around.

However, the Open Letter does not make a blanket assertion that all registry card users are marijuana users, it simply clarifies that a firearms dealer has “reasonable cause to believe” an individual is an unlawful user if she holds a registry card

“So make damn sure your FFL doesn’t casually know you have a card, and don’t screw up your 4473” is what I learned from this. Or... just buy from private parties...

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should really try some weed for that.

Lol, that's what I hear. Too bad I live with a JBT, huh?? I might need to just go get a room somewhere. This particular headache has been going strong for nearly a month now. I'm gonna try Botox next week. Unfortunately CBD oil doesn't work -- though I'm not surprised. I'll stick with it, though, because my ET is gone. Only time it fires up is when I'm REALLY pissed off, or I miss a couple doses of CBD.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those "farmers" as you so succinctly put it are gonna have a fun time against suppressed .300 blackout and nightvision or thermal imaging scopes!

I will not be intimidated from partaking in legal activities and abiding by state laws and codes. You are high if you think I worry about what an illegal operation does. I don't care.

What are they going to do that any gang of growers from Emerald Triangle haven't tried in Oregon. This is why I have quietly done my own thing. Until the ability to do it in an area where I have the full right and title to land not leased, which pacific NW was never an option, just biding time.

And what you are talking about is exactly who Jeff Sessions wants to pound in the butthole. So I say let them show their hand. Both my brother and I are armed to the teeth and very well trained in situational awareness and self-defense though in the event they want to play stupid games and win fun prizes from law abiding citizens.
Oh...we got a tough guy operator here. Hi Gecko 45...lol.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tee-hee. OPSEC is for people that think secrets are kept forever. Actual security is having a force greater than the opposing force could ever hope to meet or match. That's why god made us Ronnie Barrett. Him and FN Herstal and Benelli S.p.A. make some fine tools to work with.
Except you can have all that cool gear LEGALLY while you are a user of said illegal substance.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait.... some of you are actually against a plant used as medicine?? Really? If it weren’t for the history or propaganda and profit no one would give a crap about it. We have people over dosing on painkillers and ruining their organs... legally. Dying from alcohol consumption legally. It’s crazy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom