90 F150 problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will it run and drive?
Not really and I don't wanna chance having to get a tow. I can handle it, just sometimes have a hard time finding the issues. Thanks for letting me know about that vent valve. I have seen them but just didn't really know what it was.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Lucky

Well craziest thing. I put fresh gas in the 96 Ford. Fresh battery. Got a click when turning key. Jumped the relay with a screw driver and the sucker started right up and purred like a kitten. Who would have thought.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
17 nissan titan
Start run stop.
Tps reset per internet no help.
Unhook battery 3 minutes, re connect...all problems gone.
Glad she runs for ya!
No the 90 still doesn't run. This is a different truck that I bought from a forum member. A 96 that sat for 7 years. So pretty crazy that it runs.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I found the issue. Pulled the tank selector switch out to test for continuity in different positions. Had changing readings for the power to rear fuel pump. Flipped the switch back and worth about 10 times and then it had zero resistance. Put it back in and runs perfect. So those contacts in the switch must be going back.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think I found the issue. Pulled the tank selector switch out to test for continuity in different positions. Had changing readings for the power to rear fuel pump. Flipped the switch back and worth about 10 times and then it had zero resistance. Put it back in and runs perfect. So those contacts in the switch must be going back.

Same thing that happened to my 90' years ago. Can't remember what thread I mentioned that in a while back

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing that happened to my 90' years ago. Can't remember what thread I mentioned that in a while back
I guess I just thought that it would either work or not. Didn't occur to me that it could be barely making connection off and on. I ordered a new dorman switch with mixed reviews. Might as well try it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom