$99 Shotgun Torture Test!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know this the first weapon I have ever bought over the computer. How come I had mine sent to Sooner State Pawn, instead of my house like you did?

And I really wished now, that I had ordered about half a dozen of them. My father in law has already latched onto the second one I ordered.

I'm guessing Dennis has an FFL?

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This will be my fourth Rotator Cuff surgery. I just played to hard in my youth! LOL!.

As far as the furniture, I don't know yet. I brought the one home we shot and tore it apart to clean up and I have what I thought is a Pistol Grip and Forearm from a Remington 870. The rear bolt looks to be different threads and not the same size.

The front site, I sanded off the black with a dremel tool, wiped it off with some alcohol, and stole some bright bright orange finger nail polish from the wife. It worked out good. I just painted the round dot at the top. I might go back and paint the whole line though.

If you put the 870 grip on the ATI do the bolt holes line up? It may just be a matter of swapping out the bolts for the correct size and threading.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rifle doesnt have to go through FFL?

If its a private transaction between individuals in state it can be shipped straight to your house. Any gun from an out of state FFL, except for repair return, has to go to another FFL in state.

Edited to clarify type of FFL

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pic of the whole gun plz!!!!!
i1324.photobucket.com_albums_u607_jmike314_9090abcc_42fc_4c72_a4a7_6cb7d96bcd82_zpsd1da261c.jpg

Got to put about 50-60 rounds through mine this morning...probably more. Straight out of the box, assembled, and went bang every time. On top of that, it sent a spray of shot in the general vicinity away from me (always good)...and kicked like bratty 2 year old with too much sugar in him. I was able to knock some clays out of the sky, pepper a few targets, and peel some paint off an old gas station sign.

If I had any issues it was with extraction of low brass shells. The high brass 00 (Estate) never had an issue but on occasion, the low brass shells (Spartan 00, Rio 8, Fed 7.5, & Remy 6) would not fully eject.
Now I'm willing to possibly accept a little blame here as I did originally state that the LOP @ 14" was stretching it for me and I may be short stroking it. Seems when I focused on it and made a concerted effort to rack it the problem went away....I don't know.

All things considered, this gun will serve its purpose outstandingly...shooting clays for fun, blowing up water jugs, sitting in the corner ready for HD duty.
127$ well spent.

I really hope 870 furniture will fit so I can take an inch off of a wood stock and make it more comfortable.

I found some 4 shot and 2 shot this afternoon that I'm going to run through it next time I take it out.
Yay for my 1st shotty!