a bit confused

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
22 at night is only during fur season and only when you are using hounds. As far as coyotes go you can get a permit from your local warden but you will be limited to shotgun only with no shot larger than #6 shot. You must list anyone on the permit that will be hunting with you and exactly where you will be hunting. You must get it 24 hours in advance and it's only good for 24 hours. For coyotes it's not up to the game warden if you get it or not but hogs I've been told is a different story.
You would be better off going during the day for coyotes so you're not so limited.
Am I reading this right? I'm supposed to only shoot coyote at night with 6 shot and have permission from the warden?

cj599

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
id hate to bring this topic up again but I lived in Wyoming for the last ten years and we never needed a hunting license for coyote on private or public and I cant find anything on this topic on the wildlifedepartment's website were else would I look for proof of needing a license on private property

Latest posts

Top Bottom