A car tire, on a motorcycle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey ID,
What kind of price are we looking at on the dynabeads.
I might want to try theese in the wifes car also.
It's got a shake in the front wheels at around 65 that we can't seems to get rid of. I haven't tried the road force balance yet, but that's kind of pricey. I'd like to get rid of the weights on my bike too.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would we flame you? Hands off the bars is a valid steering/frontend test. Sounds like the weights you pulled may have been off. It happens a lot when a shop doesn't know what they're doing with the balancer. I would have like to have known if the wheel assembly had a lateral imbalance and the dynabeads corrected it.

Are you using a run flat on the rear?

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I see most people are glossing over the cupping problem. I agree with those that have mentioned the possible balance and supension problems. Get that checked no mater what tire you decide on. It can be very dangerous. Ever hit a hole or bumb going around a curve? Gets extra hairy if your suspension is out of wack.

Michael

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So now that this has been hashed out I need to hijack the thread.

I'm ready to replace the rear tire on my Road King Classic and am wondering where the best source(online or local) for Motorcycle tires is?

Although the car tire is intriguing I want to stick with a WWW.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I paid $15 for two four ounce bags and the applicator. I know thay have kits for all four car tires but you would have to check the website for that.

Shoot Sum, JP cycles has good deals on bike tires for all bikes.

I read this somewhere but truckers used to put water in their tires to ballance them. I may be wrong on that but it seems it would work.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
are the dynabeeds like the stuff they put in semi tires to balance them? just free-roaming beeds that go where needed to balance out automatically?

if so, you think #6 shotgun pellets would work? :)

There used to be a guy,Doug Domokos aka the wheelie king,who could wheelie anything w/2 wheels.I think he still holds the record for a continuous wheelie.He was the stunt man in the movie Cannonball Run. Steve

never heard of him, but i'm guessing he isn't the guy from the Dallas area that rode out a 50 or 60 MILE wheelie around the DFW metro, all on video...?

riding with no hands... i dont see a problem with it. i did at least 50% of our iron-butt ride with teh electronic cruise control set, leaned up against my backrest with my arms crossed, on a ZX10. Another 20% i did with my feet on the fairings steering with my feet. Using simple countersteering technique, it was easy... push right to go right, push left to go left.

between the audiovox cruise, and the Scotts top mount steering damper, no worries... smooth sailing all the way, even over the rougher roads. Gives the arms a rest on the long rides thats VERY necessary.

Not to start a whole nother debate... but you can severly steer a bike with weight inputs on the pegs... All the guys that have done any track riding, racing of any kind etc will agree... weighting the pegs is ESSENTIAL to bike control. On dirt riding trails you weight the outside and ride up and over the bike... on a sportbike you keep your weight below the bike and reduce your necessary lean angle with your body weight.

did i go off topic again?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not to start a whole nother debate... but you can severly steer a bike with weight inputs on the pegs... All the guys that have done any track riding, racing of any kind etc will agree... weighting the pegs is ESSENTIAL to bike control. On dirt riding trails you weight the outside and ride up and over the bike... on a sportbike you keep your weight below the bike and reduce your necessary lean angle with your body weight.

did i go off topic again?

Road racing,two words..............counter steering,I know you know that. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom