A few old Savage rifles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Savage 3B that is a phenomenal shooter,,,
Even with my 67 year old eyes it shoots a dime sized group at 50 yards.

I originally purchased it from the evil pawn shop as a project gun,,,
I was going to refinish the stock and clean up the metal a bit.

It was to be a graduation present for a high-school kid,,,
But the idiot dropped out of school halfway through his senior year.

I never really got started on the refurbishing,,,
I'll probably just sell it for what I have in it.

Aarond

I probably shouldn't, but if you decide to let go of it let me know. My 3b is so rough that it would make a well abused truck gun look pristine.

Stock is cracked, bluing is 100% gone (this thing is basically in the white) , missing the buttplate and trigger guard is one somebody made from a steel band, the rear sight is wrong and the screws are all modern replacements.
On the plus side there is no rust, the rifling is strong, and it functions. Perfectly.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old 87 that I had to rework. Stock was broken, finish was gone, rear sight was missing, etc. Still worked and shot great. I could not find a correct stock so had to modify a stock to fit. Looks strange but shoots good. I would have liked to find one of the plastic type stocks to put on it.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old 87 that I had to rework. Stock was broken, finish was gone, rear sight was missing, etc. Still worked and shot great. I could not find a correct stock so had to modify a stock to fit. Looks strange but shoots good. I would have liked to find one of the plastic type stocks to put on it.

The one in the painted stock was severely broken. I put it back together and it has become my main go to plinker. That textured paint when lightly buffed makes for a really good feel and grip. And has been surprisingly durable as it gets banged around a lot with the kids shooting it too.

Check it out here
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/now-finished-my-most-ambitious-stock-repair-yet.254560/

Fyi, the wood and plastic stocks don't really interchange. Wood stock has 1 takedown screw and plastic is 2 screws. I suppose it could be done, but modifications would have to be made.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom