A Scam Going Around

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone messaged me saying they were someone I knew and asked if I knew about CSBG and to contact a Special Agent for money due. I asked them if they knew what state your wife Alice was from and they never answered. I know his wife and she isn't Alice, and she's from Oklahoma. Facebook scam.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has got to be a way those assholes can be traced

Got a call about 8:30 pm, oriental woman, claiming to be Ford credit and pass due bill, wanting credit card. Ford credit is not available after 5 pm.

Car was paid off in July. She asks name, address and phone number. I told her she had that info, she CALLED me and I'm on the phone.
I ask her name, her supervisor name and phone number. She stammers and says, "my name Sue, I need to verify your information." Told her to verify the bill, what vehicle was this concerning, my account had been paid off in July.
She says, "let me verify that."
The line went dead. Looked on account and phone number different.

Ford will get a call, tomorrow.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone messaged me saying they were someone I knew and asked if I knew about CSBG and to contact a Special Agent for money due. I asked them if they knew what state your wife Alice was from and they never answered. I know his wife and she isn't Alice, and she's from Oklahoma. Facebook scam.
One more reason I never visit fakebook, tiktok and all the other social media giants.
OSA and OKH are good for me.

audiotech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has got to be a way those assholes can be traced

Got a call about 8:30 pm, oriental woman, claiming to be Ford credit and pass due bill, wanting credit card. Ford credit is not available after 5 pm.

Car was paid off in July. She asks name, address and phone number. I told her she had that info, she CALLED me and I'm on the phone.
I ask her name, her supervisor name and phone number. She stammers and says, "my name Sue, I need to verify your information." Told her to verify the bill, what vehicle was this concerning, my account had been paid off in July.
She says, "let me verify that."
The line went dead. Looked on account and phone number different.

Ford will get a call, tomorrow.
What’s the point of calling Ford? Honest question

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get messages on Facebook all the time from people I know asking me how I'm doing and then about that Gov. program with the free money. I figure they have been hacked. I usually tell them I'm fine and I've heard about that program and I ain't interested. If they persist, I just block them.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mess with east Indian scammers. They'll introduce themselves as Michael Smith, I'll tell them it means "bodderachod" in my language. I'll sometimes tell them I'm eating a cheeseburger and ask them If they want to worship it. Another one I'll ask them if they're a Paki or an untouchable, surprisingly they'll say they're the latter. Apologies to any members that may be of Hindi or East Indian decent, but these people are scum.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On fartbook when they do this I typically tell them I’m aware of it and have already gotten my free money. Then I ask them if they’ve heard of some other XYZ .gov free money program.
We don't do facepalm, but when SWMBO gets those calls, she cranks up the music and parks the phone in front of the speaker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom