A serious question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t get the anti-electricity bias. I mean we aren’t lighting our homes with kerosene or oil lamps. Are we? Does your drill motor have a pull start? The computer you’re typing on is running on electricity. None of that stuff is crap. Some early cars experimented with running on electricity and had battery power. It’s just taken a long time for that to become safer and more viable. Big cities had trolley systems that ran off electricity. Why can’t a train, bus,car run off it, too. I can definitely remember my dad talking about windmills that stored electricity in big batteries for use later.

Electricity has propelled humanity forward along with fossil fuels and scientific advances. Our environment is a lot cleaner in many ways due to the shift to electricity. US cities used to be covered in black soot from coal fired factories. I think that might actually be happening in China today.

I don’t think there’s one size fits all solution to providing electricity to power the world. There doesn’t have to be a single source of power generation or storage to replace fossil fuels. We’ll also discover new materials and ways of storing and transporting electricity. They’re just hurdles and we seem to like a challenge.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t get the anti-electricity bias. I mean we aren’t lighting our homes with kerosene or oil lamps. Are we? Does your drill motor have a pull start? The computer you’re typing on is running on electricity. None of that stuff is crap. Some early cars experimented with running on electricity and had battery power. It’s just taken a long time for that to become safer and more viable. Big cities had trolley systems that ran off electricity. Why can’t a train, bus,car run off it, too. I can definitely remember my dad talking about windmills that stored electricity in big batteries for use later.

Electricity has propelled humanity forward along with fossil fuels and scientific advances. Our environment is a lot cleaner in many ways due to the shift to electricity. US cities used to be covered in black soot from coal fired factories. I think that might actually be happening in China today.

I don’t think there’s one size fits all solution to providing electricity to power the world. There doesn’t have to be a single source of power generation or storage to replace fossil fuels. We’ll also discover new materials and ways of storing and transporting electricity. They’re just hurdles and we seem to like a challenge.
No real Bias,
The looney left wants everything electric, BUT no new gas, coal, or nuclear power plants to be built!
The only way they can accomplish this is by decreasing the population.
Reduce the population from 8 billion to 500 million and all can live in green harmony.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything that is happening is all connected. It’s a game of thrones on steroids and we’re like some poor pig farmer trying to make sense of the information that’s available.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

seems ALL the alternatives - solar and wind - cost many times the cost of fossil or nuclear and FAIL to meet the overall requirements of the grid
if the greenies would look at the carbon and environmental cost of building/making/maintaining their green crap they would/could not accept it
all the global warming/climate change propaganda is BS fed to minions who choose not to do a little research to prove otherwise

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No real Bias,
The looney left wants everything electric, BUT no new gas, coal, or nuclear power plants to be built!
The only way they can accomplish this is by decreasing the population.
Reduce the population from 8 billion to 500 million and all can live in green harmony.

Yeah, I don’t know anyone that is “anti-electricity”. That’s a pointless argument, and I’m not sure where that even comes from.

The issue is and always will be generating electricity. Unicorn farts are not a reliable source, and they are only slightly less reliable than wind and solar.

It’s not about facts & reality with these idiots. It’s about dreams and feelings. If the oil & gas industry had killed 150 bald eagles you would be able to stand in your kitchen and hear the green wennies screaming all over the planet. If you gave them a tour of a lithium mine and told them it was done to gather fossil fuels they would have a major stroke, right there.

They’re idiots. They’re willfully ignorant of what it takes to produce reliable electric energy. You’re wasting your time trying to explain it or show them because they don’t care about your facts. They’re too busy “speaking truth to power”. What they need is a through ass whipping and sent to bed without supper & their $1000 smart phone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom