Cars you regret selling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
67 GTO, 400cid, 4-speed, seafoam green.
That is funny. The car I was happiest to see go was my '67 GTO. My GTO was a good car until I tried to turn it into a race car. .060 overbore, 12.5:1 forged TRW pistons, way too radical Isky cam and lifters, B&M modded Turbo 400, Hooker headers, and lots more stuff.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm not quite regretting it yet, but I'm sure I will in the future. Yesterday I sold my 1968 Mustang that my wife and I got for our 10 year wedding anniversary 11 years ago. I always said I would never sell it, but this past year I realized that I wasn't getting much joy of it. For the last 10 years I've been trying to get it reliable and I've never quite been able to.
My wife and I recently started daydreaming about a small travel trailer that we can take vacations in. So, much to her surprise, I buttoned up everything I could on the Mustang and listed it for sale last Sunday. I got a bunch of hits and quite a few (online) tire kickers, but by Monday evening I had a promising buyer (and his dad) coming to look at it. He offered me full price with no haggling if I'd hold it for him for a couple of days. I figured I wasn't in a hurry, so if he flaked I would just be out a week of trying to sell it. Yesterday his dad came by and delivered the cashiers check and rolled off with my dream car.

Today my wife and I went and bought ourselves a nice little travel trailer. Soon we'll be off having great memory making adventures. Or at least we'll be "glamping" at Lake Thunderbird. 😁

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today my wife and I went and bought ourselves a nice little travel trailer. Soon we'll be off having great memory making adventures. Or at least we'll be "glamping" at Lake Thunderbird. 😁
When my (much) better half and I purchased a travel trailer many years ago, we were advised to take weekend trip someplace nearby. That would give us the opportunity to figure out how to use the trailer, what we needed, find any problems, etc.

I hooked that thing up and we went to Minnesota.

We shoulda gone to Thunderbird...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trust me you will love it. We had no idea what to expect when buying ours and going on our first long trip to Red River NM.
We did a few short weekend trips before doing the long trips to get acquainted with the rig.
Most of the campgrounds with people that have long term stays have community days with pot luck dinners and so on which ours did.
During that dinner we met some folks that had been on the road for 12 years with a circle of RV friends coming to that campground.
Long story short, we now have a group of RV folks that meet all over the country during the summers, winters and occasionally in-between. 19 couples. Illinois, Louisiana, Ok, Tx, NM, and Kansas represented.
We spend winters and summers with some, not all, but eventually we all get together over the year with the group text pretty active.
When you get to your campground, walk around and don't be afraid to talk to anybody. People like to visit. As, where they are from, and so on.
You might just find that couple that gets you into their group.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife wants a land rover. She loves that look.
I’ve had several. Defenders, Discoveries, and full sized Range Rovers. Despite their reputation, other than a couple of air suspension issues (on the automatic leveling), I’ve never had any problems with any of them. The 4x4 performance is pretty awesome, and they do well in the snow and ice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom