A serious question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent most of my working life as a City Fire Fighter, then a fire and Safety/ Environmental inspector for a Oil Company. In my experience, Murphy's Law applies, and that is " If something can go wrong, sooner or later it will!" The problem with nuclear energy is, how many mistakes can we the human race stand? Not very many is my guess! All nuclear powered devises in this country are highly controlled, even small sources like on gauges on tanks, and towers in a oil refinery. But we have no control over what happens in Russia , China, Japan, North Korea! But an accident in any of these places could potentially be devastating to us! Once the genie is our t of the bottle, how do we get it back into the bottle? Electric vehicles are likely the future, I hope we are smart enough to spend as much time finding new SAFE ways to generate all the extra electricity it will take to power them, as we do devoloping these new vehicles!

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent most of my working life as a City Fire Fighter, then a fire and Safety/ Environmental inspector for a Oil Company. In my experience, Murphy's Law applies, and that is " If something can go wrong, sooner or later it will!" The problem with nuclear energy is, how many mistakes can we the human race stand? Not very many is my guess! All nuclear powered devises in this country are highly controlled, even small sources like on gauges on tanks, and towers in a oil refinery. But we have no control over what happens in Russia , China, Japan, North Korea! But an accident in any of these places could potentially be devastating to us! Once the genie is our t of the bottle, how do we get it back into the bottle? Electric vehicles are likely the future, I hope we are smart enough to spend as much time finding new SAFE ways to generate all the extra electricity it will take to power them, as we do devoloping these new vehicles!
I agree with you, however regardless of what we do, china (and the others you mentioned and iran) is developing nuclear. In fact, they are building a pebble bed reactor (US designed BTW). We have no control over any of these nations, however why must we suffer with brownouts and outages or Odd-Even charging days while other nations move forward? Accidents do happen, and even including Chernobyl and Fukishima, there have been more deaths attributed to wind power than nuclear.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you, however regardless of what we do, china (and the others you mentioned and iran) is developing nuclear. In fact, they are building a pebble bed reactor (US designed BTW). We have no control over any of these nations, however why must we suffer with brownouts and outages or Odd-Even charging days while other nations move forward? Accidents do happen, and even including Chernobyl and Fukishima, there have been more deaths attributed to wind power than nuclear.
I agree, there is nothing short of WW3, that would bring on the end, we can do to control these foreign nations, and how they manage nuclear power! Our record with nuclear re energy is good, considering all the nuclear powered ships, ans submarines, that have operated for many decades without a major accident that I am aware of. I suspect before long we will have MILLIONS of electric powered cars, as well as commercial trucks, on our roads, and I suspect the extra electicity needed to supply these vehicles will mostly come from nuclear power plants! I'm old enough to remember futurisdtic news reels at the movies, and on TV. and they were ALWAYS completely wrong, remember?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Winter 23 they are going to start flipping the 5G switches and eliminating what they consider. Undesirables. Before the 2024 elections
WHO ARE THEY? Nothing would surprise me after what has happened the last few years! I HOPE we are not the generation to surrender our great nation, and way of life, so many Americans have fought, and died for, the last 246 years, without firing a shot! Wouldn't that be hard to explane to our forefathers?

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like electric vehicles are going to be the furture, I have to admit when I watched a Yolutube Video of a Tesla, betting a Dodge Hell Cat, TWICE in a row, in a drag race, I was impressed! Over the road tractors powered by Battries are in the devolope stages right now, as well as self driving big rigs. I hope part of the planning is, how to generate all this extra electricity? How much more electricity wil that take, TWO/THREE TIMES the demand we have now? I seem to remember WIDE SPREAD power shortages, ether last, or the winter before last, in Texas, and other places! The way I remember this, the blame was unusually cold weather, likely caused by GLOBAL WARMING, and the natutral gas supply used to generate power had problems with FROZEN VALVES? How can it be more efficiant to burn NG to generate electricity, than heat homes, and water in the homes?

Over the road tractors powered by Battries are in the devolope stages right now.
Never will work for the following reason and lots of other.
Its very cold weather, traffic tie up caused you to be delayed your 30 miles to the nearest truck (Recharge Station) your hours are up for the day.
You pull your rig to the side of the road. Its time for your 10 hour required break. You hitch hike to the truck stop so you can keep from freezing
EV do not provide heat for ten hours to keep you from freezing. Hitch hike back to truck drive 30 miles to recharge at a slow charges, high speed charges will not be ever where in rual America wait in line to charge your truck. You now get back on the road with 3/4 of you driving time used up you have made
$10.00 (2.50 x 30 miles) your now out of sink with charging station

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WHO ARE THEY? Nothing would surprise me after what has happened the last few years! I HOPE we are not the generation to surrender our great nation, and way of life, so many Americans have fought, and died for, the last 246 years, without firing a shot! Wouldn't that be hard to explane to our forefathers?
The powers working the marionette named Biden

Latest posts

Top Bottom