Academy boycott

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footballkckr7

Marksman
Reaction score
Good customer service is not lost. A few good "corporate" workers still exist that enjoy helping the customer. It is getting few and far between however. You guys who whine and cry about the service, say something to the manager or fill out their online survey. That way something gets done about it. At my store you get hours cut and written up if you get a bad survey

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you've never worked retail. ;)

:lmfao: No kidding!! I once had a woman with NO sewing experience ask me if I thought she could make one of Vogue's couture pattern wedding dresses (that means that even for an accomplished seamstress it was rated "difficult" for those of you who don't "do" fashion speak.) I burst out laughing hysterically! :lookaroun After I saw the look on her face I realized she was serious ... Opps ... I gave her my name and the number to Jo-Ann's corporate office and said to file a complaint if she wanted to, but I wasn't gonna be the CSR that blew smoke up her ass and sold her $1000 worth of fabric, lace and trim and ruin her daughter's wedding -- that she needed to take that money and buy her daughter a nice dress.

I'll be damned if they didn't almost fire me over that. Seems I was supposed to be more "encouraging" to customers (oh, and make the sale!!).

However, her daughter came in and thanked me profusely after she got back from her honeymoon. Seems they had taken the pattern home and thought they would look at it that night and go to Hancock's to get the fabric first thing Saturday morning. Once they saw how many pieces there were, the bride panicked and went to David's Bridal instead! Haha!!

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Academy looking for a new pair of shoes. while there i stolled by the firearms and ammo just to take a look. Over prices ammo and employees at the gun counter who kept rolling their eyes towards customers and acting like they had something better to do. I decided not to give them anyof my business for good. Sorry academy at 81at and 169 you treat your paying customers like they dont matter and i am done with you.

Sh!+ man....you're boycotting them for *that*?
:scratch:

coveyjt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work retail at a gun counter, not at Academy. It is a trying time for all of us. Like someone said they won't last long
I do get asked a hundred times a day "Do you have any .22lr, 9mm, .45acp or .223 or 5.56" and I don't mind being asked. What I get aggravated about is when the customer acts like I am the one that is keeping the ammo from them or ask well when are you going to get some in, like I have a crystal ball to know when what ammo is coming in.
Then there is the are the noobs that have heard something on the evening news about gun control and something about this AR-15 thingy. Now they want one.
So I get asked "You got any AR-15s".
"No sir we don't."
"Well when are you going to get some in?"
"We get some in occasionally and they get put out when we open the store but they usually don't last long."
"Can you special order me one?"
"No, sir our distributors are shipping them out as fast as they get them in so they don't have any in stock to order."
Then I get the look. The look of I know your lying and you have one the back and you won't sell it to me look.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went in to the 41st and Sheridan store and asked if they had any 10/22's. I knew they receive them from time to time. The man scoffed at me implying "Oh yeah right". Then I asked if they had a 22/45 LITE, and he told me "better put that on your Christmas list". Whatever, I ordered one from Kentucky Gun Co a week later. Douchebags...

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or Tractor Supply ....

oh hell no. I am not boycotting tractor supply or even Atwoods. Both stores just smell like a mans store. Stay away if you want, but occassionally i find treasure like ammo cans, or some old ammo that has two years ago tag on it, or something that is manly and just needs purchased.

Latest posts

Top Bottom