Accidental discharge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever heard the expression "dependent on a safety" before. Everyone has their thing. I just know that triggers get touched and tripped in all kinds of ways that are not conventional. I would rather have a safety that I know is there.

barlazyj2

New to the site!
Reaction score
When I was younger I was practicing my quickdraw with a 22 revolver and put a hole in my grandmas front window when she wasn't home. I used to use spent cases so the firing pin didn't damage the cylinder on the rimfire but learned two very valuable lessons A) life is not a western movie and I really don't need to be practicing quickdraw B) If you are going to do it use some kind of off colored snap caps. The worst part about it was my cousin found out and called me and told me that our priest who lived just up the street had called the police and reported somebody shooting at his house. Luckily my cousin told me he was joking before I went to the priest to confess.

barlazyj2

New to the site!
Reaction score
Some friends of my wife and I's had a banty rooster that gave them heck every time they went in the yard. The husband finally got fed up with it and went out to shoot the darn thing... it ended up attacking him and when he tried to shoot it, shot himself in the foot!!! Luckily it was a .22 and not much damage was done, although it did ruin a perfectly good boot. I don't think he'll be taking any close range shots at deranged chickens anymore.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question: Why do you feel the need to sleep or keep a gun loaded ON a nightstand next to you. Wheather you have kids in the home or not it seems a bit irresponsible. Don't you have a drawer in the stand you can keep it so it's out of sight? I understand that it is quicker to the draw. but if you are worried about a break in while you are sleeping you had better make sure that everybody that breaks in is clumbsy and loud. Please don't tell me you are a very light sleeper either. Keep the gun is a safe next to the bed or a least hide it close by.

Can you recommend a nightstand that will fit my shotgun?

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one with a .25 about 30 years ago, didn't hurt much at first and I could just barely plug both holes with thumb and 3rd finger fully extended, knew something was wrong when it went bang and the blood spurted up on the wall. Had to sit there for 2 hours plugging the holes until my wife came home, back then we didn't have a phone or second car. It did start hurting some after about 30 minutes but nothing like what you felt in your hand

Rhino55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no such thing like an "AD". You put the bullet in the gun so it is your responsibility to ensure the gun is safe! You treat every gun like it is loaded! You ensure the gun is safe to operate with all safety devices working properly. So where does Accidental discharge come from if you do everything like you are suppose too. I not buy "ADs"

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no such thing like an "AD". You put the bullet in the gun so it is your responsibility to ensure the gun is safe! You treat every gun like it is loaded! You ensure the gun is safe to operate with all safety devices working properly. So where does Accidental discharge come from if you do everything like you are suppose too. I not buy "ADs"

I respectfully disagree. Several years ago, I was deer hunting, I loaded up my Remington .270 When I drove the bolt home the gun fired. Scared the crap out of me, first thing was to check down range to see if there was any possibility that I might have accidentally shot someone or something. Luckily I was far enough out in the boonies that everything was fine. Later I discovered that there was a design flaw that sometimes allowed the rifle to fire as a shell was chambered.