Accidental discharge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update......

Went to the Dr. last week for x-rays and the regular check up on my hand, and its bad news.

Looks like the cadaver bone that he used for the bone graph is not going to work. The bones that are actually me, are rejecting the cadaver bone and refusing to grow into it.

So he says that he will give it another month or 2, and then he will have to take a bone from my hip and then take the cadaver bone out and put my hip bone in. and then he will have to do another surgery to free up the joints of my first 2 fingers that are locked up, due to having to wear a hand brace for the last 3 months

So it looks like I have at least 3 more surgerys ahead of me..:censored::censored::censored::censored:

jm838

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot the ground in front of me with a 20ga. while dove hunting when I was about 15. It was a dumb move, but I learned a good lesson. Don't ever handle a gun w/o the safety on. I hope you get the full use of your hand back. Please post a pic, I'm also curious.

I did the exact same thing with a 20ga while skeet shooting when I was 14. It had a thumb safety which I had accidentally disengaged while carrying the gun, and I had my finger on the trigger. Fortunately, I was following one rule, and had the gun pointed at the ground. The edge of the little crater it left was about an inch from my big toe. Somehow, when I was taught gun safety, noone mentioned trigger finger at all (my dad probably erroneously assumed I knew that through common sense), so I got to learn by experience.

WILLARD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck and get back in the fight soon. Just curious. If the doc has his doubts why not go ahead and do the hip bone inplant. Again get well soon.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man that sucks. Sorry to hear dude, I hope everything works out, we'll pray for your hand. Have a speedy recovery my friend.

Thanks man, these last few months since it has happened have sucked, I have been missing alot of work for PT and Dr. visits. don't have very much use in my left hand. I have regained enough use and strength to rack the slide back on a semi-auto. thats if I hold the pistol in my left hand and do the slide with my right. So atleast I am putting lead down range again:woohoo1::gun2:

icedakotart2000

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to confess, I had a accidental discharge happen to me yesterday. I just bought a Taurus PT 1911 45 ACP on Saturday from a friend. So me and a buddy were going coyote hunting with a couple of my AR's last night so I reached under my seat a got my 1911. I always keep the clip full but not one in the chamber, so I pulled it back and chambered a round. I turned it to the side away from everything and was letting the hammer go back when it fired, I was so lucky the only damage it did was the bullet grazed my thumb. Dang it hurt, but it could have been alot worse. I could have blown my leg off.