Accidental discharge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mykah

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thank you, ouch, lot of blood. Reminds me when I cut 2 fingers off in a hedger accident.

Damn dude, bet that was painful. That would def. suck!!

Actually I accidentally discharged that Glock 27 I sold you. I had just got it and had just got done cleaning it. BANG!! Right through my damn recliner!

Everyone makes mistakes... hopefully we live through them and learn!!

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys and gals for the kind words, it really means alot to me, I dfinately learned that you should never be too comfortable around firearms, it has been a painful lesson learned, but I am glad that it was just my hand and not my head, and that it was just a .40 and not one of my high powered rifles that could go through my house and into the neghibors

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn dude, bet that was painful. That would def. suck!!

Actually I accidentally discharged that Glock 27 I sold you. I had just got it and had just got done cleaning it. BANG!! Right through my damn recliner!

Everyone makes mistakes... hopefully we live through them and learn!!

did you sell me a Glock 27?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did they pin your fingers??

I met a guy at H&H one time whose scars looked a lot like your entry and exit wounds (same location). He was telling me about his surgeries and rehab. Was there to fire the gun that he shot himself with. He still had a pin sticking out of his index and middle fingers. Seems like his thumb was stabilized in some way to, IIRC.

It was fascinating talking to him about how it felt and what all he had had to go through.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did they pin your fingers??

I met a guy at H&H one time whose scars looked a lot like your entry and exit wounds (same location). He was telling me about his surgeries and rehab. Was there to fire the gun that he shot himself with. He still had a pin sticking out of his index and middle fingers. Seems like his thumb was stabilized in some way to, IIRC.

It was fascinating talking to him about how it felt and what all he had had to go through.

Yes the doctor put 3 pins that went through the knuckles of my 4 fingers, they were just recently removed, when the bullet hit my bone it shattered it, they did a bone graph using a cadaver bone and put a plate and about 12 screws to hold it all together. doctor says probably 2 more years of physical theropy and hopefully I will have at least 80% of motion when it is all finished

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the doctor put 3 pins that went through the knuckles of my 4 fingers, they were just recently removed, when the bullet hit my bone it shattered it, they did a bone graph using a cadaver bone and put a plate and about 12 screws to hold it all together. doctor says probably 2 more years of physical theropy and hopefully I will have at least 80% of motion when it is all finished

Wow ... that sounds exactly like what the other fella told me. He had really good range of motion but said he had some real strength issues in that hand.
Said his ortho doc told him that he really should start shooting again because recoil on a regular basis would help him with that, but that he really needed to try to keep his hand out from in front of the muzzle ... :oops3: Apparently his doc had quite the sense of humor!

GC had a co-worker who damaged his hand during some kind of drill they were practicing at qualifications a few years back. I don't remember the drill, but he put his hand over a comped barrel and then tried to fire his gun. :oops3: No bone damage but he blew the outside fleshy portion of the palm of his hand to smithereens. Last time I talked to him he said he was a lot better but that he still felt like he had broken glass under his skin when he moved his hand. Think he did a couple of years of PT also.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. It took some stones to come on here and admit your mistake. Sounds like you've learned from it and I think a lot of others have to. I know it definitely reminds me to be more careful. Hope you heal soon.