Action Alert; HJR1009 in trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you'll excuse the language, but **** OKC thunder. If they have a problem with our natural born rights as citizens, they can go to Mexico where there is no second amendment. they can be Mexico City Thunder!

These businesses need to learn a lesson.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mothers group seeks defeat of two gun bills in Legislature

Moms Get Stupid About Guns are underfoot at the Legislature with their lies and misrepresentations.
I've answered one of the comments thus:

Dianna Smith said:
And yet, NO WHERE in the Constitution or Bill of Rights does it say there shall not be any common sense regulation on firearms.

Surely we can all agree that an innocent citizen has the right to Life and that goes AHEAD of any minor inconvenience that someone who wants a gun, but does not have any training, may have. Especially given that if there IS no training, the innocent civilian may well LOSE their Right To Life, when a so-called "do gooder with a gun" tries to shoot a suspect and ends up killing the innocent shooter!!

I replied:
I'm sorry, Dianna, but you are wrong. It's right there in the Second Amendment. It clearly states, "shall not be infringed." Let me break that down for you.

"Shall": 2.b. —used in laws, regulations, or directives to express what is mandatory (meriam-webster.com/dictionary)
"Not": 1.—used as a function word to make negative a group of words or a word (meriam-webster.com/dictionary)
"Be": 2.d.—to take place (meriam-webster.com/dictionary)
"Infringed" 1.—to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another ("the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" — U.S. Constitution amend. II)

I don't know about you but it's clear as mud to me.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my post:

I see a few rational people in here trying to reach some completely irrational and emotionally controlled people, who will never listen to logic and common sense. It's a thankless mission, yet it must be done in spite of the resistance. There may be a few rational people out there on the fence, who CAN be reached.

You cannot equate lawless criminals with any law intended to remove restrictions on the law abiding. The current cost of an Oklahoma SDA license is a barrier to exercising a natural right, which is enumerated in the Bill of Rights. Many law abiding citizens simply can't afford it. When faced with keeping the utilities on and putting food on the table, vs. spending a month's worth of those expenses on a bureaucratic fee, you'd choose food and electric every time.

So for the Mom's Funded by NYC billionaire Bloomberg in the fight against the Bill of Rights, put his money where your mouth is and demand that the State of Oklahoma, provide the training and license to exercise a natural right listed in the Bill of Rights at NO COST to the applicant! You can volunteer to pay higher taxes to cover it. :)

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Commenting to kick it back to the top and consider whether this one is going to fall short because of inaction earlier plus the end of session sillies that typically happen this week. The budget issues deserve primary consideration, no doubt, and the time to properly deal with HJR 1009 was a month ago, IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom