Aimpoint and Eotech ~ what's the deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Kevin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me at this point in my life I have learned the lesson too many times about buying the less expensive (transitional) type products. From furniture to lawn mowers. I enjoy the eotech myself as they seem much more durable than anything else I have experienced. I'm sure my experience is less than most that would reply here though.

I am generally very particular with my guns, but for some reason on two occasions I have hit my Eotech on the side of the gun safe on the way out and it didn't phase it. Perhaps a small scratch that catches my eye every time I look at it, but that's it.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aimpints and EOtech both have superior build quailty to most red dot/holosights on the market. They are the best available for a zero magnification optic. The AA battery in a comp m4 last for years, and is a common battery you can get anywhere for cheap. The Eotech have some cool reticles that you won't get in an Aimpoint, but at a severe loss of battery cost.

If you are looking for some magnification in a combat proven optic, get an ACOG. Will work longer than you will live and are durable as hell. It's tritium powered so no battery ever, it just always works.

Why waste money on something you are going to get rid of as soon as someone at the range let you look through the good stuff. I still have a sparc in the closet that looks nowhere near as good as an Aimpoint (has a noticable blue tint to the optic and poor clarity in comparison). If I had left it on like I can my Aimpoint it would have cost me 1/2 the cost of an Aimpoint a year in batteries.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't own another Aimpoint, I've had too many that messed up. I'm really wanting to try out a Mepro21 site - similar to Eotech, but no batteries.

Drebin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I won't own another Aimpoint, I've had too many that messed up. I'm really wanting to try out a Mepro21 site - similar to Eotech, but no batteries.

Every company lets a messed up product out the door once in awhile but multiple messed up Aimpoints is hard to believe. What happened to them and did you get Aimpoint to fix it?

I hear the Mepros are great too but I've never used one.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few older bushnells, same as eotech... Identical.

Had the aimpoints, but only really liked te micro.

I like the eotech best for te 1moa dot/65 reticle. Add in te magnifier, and I'm tacticooling like a baws.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking "fakepoints". They are getting harder and harder to tell from the real ones.

No, the real deal. Aimpoint does honor their product, I'll give them that. But a turd is still a turd - they are not as bulletproof as some people may think. I've had extremely good luck with Trijicon products and durability..not so much with Aimpoint.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have EOTech with BUIS on all mine. All zeroed, dead on.

I can take off the unit, put it back in the same place, and it is still on zero.

just put the little red dot on the target, and squeeze the trigger.

anything past 100 yds, just smack the flip to side 3x over, bring up your eye relief, get it on.

I had a hard time justifying spending 500+ on a HWS, however, after I got one running, I cant believe I did not sooner.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, the real deal. Aimpoint does honor their product, I'll give them that. But a turd is still a turd - they are not as bulletproof as some people may think. I've had extremely good luck with Trijicon products and durability..not so much with Aimpoint.

Trijicon is primo stuff too. I'm thinking you just got a turd then. I talked to a Marine about my Comp M2 before I bought it. The things they did to them would curl your toenails and they kept working. Wish I had never sold it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom