"alternative" ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I recall durring the last. Crunch I started to find out about things like cut shells, wax slugs, etc. I recall watching videos on YouTube about using a 22 blank from a powder actuated hammer and muzzle loading a 22 pellet to make a single shot 22 with what's on the shelves. ( I'm not that desperate for ammo yet). But now I am having a hard time finding any info on this anywhere. Any ideas on where to find it, or other alternative ammo ideas?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
images
il_794xN.356362464_99zx.jpg

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pick up one of those 22lr reloading kits.
Funny you mock me, but there is people that do it. They make a paiste out of shaved matchstick heads, put your sprinkle of powder and a .22 pellet . As long as the firing pit doesn't hit the same spot on subsequent shots it will fire.

Google search edit:. Wow you may not have been mocking me. Google shows they do make this now. Huh.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ok got the derailment out of the way!! They sell the caps pretty much every where for the nail set guns but if I recall correctly they are odd ball sizes. Do not think it would take much to drill a pipe for shooting BB's or pellets. I have seen shotgun zip guns made out of black gas pipe like what you can buy in Home Depot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom