"alternative" ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you mock me, but there is people that do it. They make a paiste out of shaved matchstick heads, put your sprinkle of powder and a .22 pellet . As long as the firing pit doesn't hit the same spot on subsequent shots it will fire.

Google search edit:. Wow you may not have been mocking me. Google shows they do make this now. Huh.

I Just today watched a video from this fellow, Can't find said video but it was a powdered .22 steel pellet traveling at 2500 fps IIRC, It tore up the hard drive target where the regular .22 lead pellet just dinged it. BIG speed difference 880 vs 2500.. this vid is also a topic of recent..

Last edited:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I genuinely laughed out loud at this one!

Here's another idea.
5be696cd28eaee1bc72cf74a-large.jpg

Cheap marbles work well in those too.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok got the derailment out of the way!! They sell the caps pretty much every where for the nail set guns but if I recall correctly they are odd ball sizes. Do not think it would take much to drill a pipe for shooting BB's or pellets. I have seen shotgun zip guns made out of black gas pipe like what you can buy in Home Depot.

Now that you mention it, I remember reading an article where someone used those .22 blanks behind a .22 air gun pellet with good results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom