Ammo Sightings--Lawton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn't any bother - the numbers just didn't add up without all the additional information in your followup post, and I see too many people chasing a "good deal" without considering the total cost. Had there been a "let me know and I'll pick some up and bring over to lunch" then I wouldn't have been quite as ignorant. I do usually try to get over to Murf's about once a month or so just to see what's in stock if nothing else - though it's been a bit less lately - but really wouldn't make a special trip just for a single 100 round box of .22 ... for 10 boxes maybe. Now if they happened to have a Sig P220 Compact SAS Gen 2 in .45ACP at a reasonable price I might well make a special trip over for that.

Apologies for any offense given, none meant.

Apologies accepted.

Dang - excuse me for butting into the mutual admiration society; I'll try not to make the same mistake again.

Not a "mutual admiration society", just a bunch of guys who look out for each other. Come join us for lunch sometime. We are a very diverse group, but we all get along great and enjoy each others company.

Oh, and Murf's is out of the .22LR ammo now.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a "mutual admiration society", just a bunch of guys who look out for each other. Come join us for lunch sometime. We are a very diverse group, but we all get along great and enjoy each others company.

Yeah, and Steve is very "smooth with the ladies".:D

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, and Steve is very "smooth with the ladies".:D

I learned it from Billy, he is my idol. :wink2:

He needs a t-shirt like this:

i.ebayimg.com_t_Ive_Always_been_a_Ladies_Man_Si_Robertson_of_Dcf8e66e793d93615a2425fcf268f1c87.jpg

Tumbleweed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That is great suggestion! New comers are always welcome at the FGST lunch. I hope you can make it.

Oh and Steve, whoever that .22 ammo was for called and said they don't need it, and that you should just bring it to work on Monday for me.:rubhands:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A smart-a** comment to someone who is trying to be helpful is a pretty poor way to say "Hi, I'm the New Guy"

From what I've seen in the short time I've been here ........... Just a typical response to try and put some buttburn on a newb, or anybody else for that matter, who is trying to help or just find some friendship with common interest. Just haven't figured out for sure if it is an OSA thing, Oklahoma in general thing, or whatever. While living in another state, and joining some discussion boards I had an interest in or just wanted to learn about, was always welcomed adn NEVER saw the flames, haters and smarta**es that seem to be around here. Yes, they are in the minority, but they are also, the most prevalent on every discussion. LFG, I hope to join you for lunch somesay, with my goofy work schedule, it makes it difficult, but you guys seem like my kind of peeps, the fat part anyway. :thanku: I will now move my soapbox downrange and mount a target on it.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fellow Lawton Fat Guys, if any of you see some .22 Magnum ammo for sale, please snag a box or two (or three, or...) for me. I don't care whether it's 40 grn JHP or solids, I'm just looking to get something to feed my bolt gun. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom