Ammo.....you can find it here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. Ive just stopped shooting for a while. H

You're correct. They've stayed the same the whole time. Just can't keep it on the shelves.

Academy has definitely been very respectful when it comes to the pandemic panic buying. They raised the prices on some things, but not enough to make me sneer at the price. I've also noticed certain bulk items disappearing from their site like they won't ever get them again. But I'll pay 20% on a bulk purchase with a smile, what I won't do is pay $45 for a $15 box of 9mm some guy got at Academy a week ago and is trying to flip. I'm sure someone will, but it won't be me.

EDIT: That's all I have to say on the matter, not trying to hijack this thread!

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Haha. I'm hoping these big stores keep getting stuff in regularly.

I hate to be that ugly rain cloud on the horizon, but if I am not mistaken, as recent as 3 weeks ago Academy used to get shipments of ammo 3 times a week. The guy at the gun counter today said that it’s down to twice a week now. I’m not too sure what that means really, but it’s what I heard.

I hate myself for it, but I ended up standing in line in Yukon academy this morning. Went by on my way to the gym as usual, walked in to find a huge line. Decided that I might as well stay. Managed to get some 9mm and the first box of 38spl in almost a year. Haven’t even seen it for sale anywhere, let alone in retail. I’m pretty excited about that.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to be that ugly rain cloud on the horizon, but if I am not mistaken, as recent as 3 weeks ago Academy used to get shipments of ammo 3 times a week. The guy at the gun counter today said that it’s down to twice a week now. I’m not too sure what that means really, but it’s what I heard.

I hate myself for it, but I ended up standing in line in Yukon academy this morning. Went by on my way to the gym as usual, walked in to find a huge line. Decided that I might as well stay. Managed to get some 9mm and the first box of 38spl in almost a year. Haven’t even seen it for sale anywhere, let alone in retail. I’m pretty excited about that.

No reason to hate yourself.
It's what you gotta do to get ammo.
Unless you want to pay 3x retail, you'll have to stand in a line every now and then.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only buy online and I only buy by the case. Good thing I started buying ammo ten years ago. It will be interesting to see what they have at Wannemacher's this spring. Of course I never buy anything there; just go to watch the clown show.

Latest posts

Top Bottom