Another Flag Post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know, another flag post. I just left the post office in Tulsa at 46th and memorial. There flag is a disgrace and can be seen from a long ways off. It has about 9 tears/rips in it and is just in pitiful shape. I called and no one there seemed to care because I new one was on order. I told them they should just not fly a flag until the new one arrives but I was told "its just gonna have to work" This is a government entity behaving like this. I could maybe understand a private corporation or a residents household to an extentn but not government.

I think we should get as many people calling as possible until the fix the flag. I'm there daily and will be speaking with the post master every day until its resolved. The number is 918 627 4637. They are located at 9023 E 46th St, Tulsa 74145.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought maybe you guys might like to see the pictures I took today. I'm gonna send them to the postmaster general since no one at this post office seems to even care. I wish I had gotten one of the actual station too.

ai1195.photobucket.com_albums_aa394_kroberts2131_DSC00811.jpg

ai1195.photobucket.com_albums_aa394_kroberts2131_DSC00810.jpg

ai1195.photobucket.com_albums_aa394_kroberts2131_DSC00809.jpg

ai1195.photobucket.com_albums_aa394_kroberts2131_DSC00812.jpg

ai1195.photobucket.com_albums_aa394_kroberts2131_DSC00808.jpg

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After 21 yrs in the Marine Corps I learned a lot about flag etiquette. Now that I am a business owner I am shocked at the things people complain about. I buy a new flag at least 6 to 8 times a year. And the ones I buy are hurricane flags at $250 a pop. Oklahoma wind is hard on flags that are flown 24/7. I agree with you that they shouldn't be flying that flag. I can tell you that I get more complaints if I am NOT flying a flag then I ever do with one that is boderline unserviceable.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We were working at the cemetery on memorial doing a big modernization project about 15 yrs ago. They put out the veterans circle of American flags like every other cemetery does. For some crazy reason they hired some illegal aliens from like a day labor place to put them up.

Well it was the typical OK weather for that time of yr rain , rain and more rain. hese aliens had all the flags laying on the ground and were walking on them and stomping them in the mud. A bunch of us were about to go balistic. We found the manager that runs the place and expressed our outrage of the treatment of the flags. She didnt care and said they will be alright. We went back to work very disgruntled. One of my co workers was putting together a flag rescue assault team. Just about when we were ready to go over there and make believers out of these two illegals a SSGT from the Marine recruiters office was passing by. He locked the car up right on Memorial dr and got out. He went over and reamed those hispanics a new one and then went straight in the blg . He came out almost immediately with most of the office staff in tow. We couldnt hear what was being said , but , we were hoopn and hollering from the scaffold.

I have no idea what was said , but , the problem was addressed and taken care of . The illegals went on their way and some of the regular maintanence guys took their place. They got the flags up off the ground . They washed them up and with all due respect put the veterans circle in place as should have been.

Thank God for the Marine Corp.
I dont usually get bent out of shape about our flag, but , this was such a blatent disregard for our countries symbol that I was outraged.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A company I used to work for always flew the flag.
It got really ragged and faded.
I was in the HR office, and one of the ladies, was complaining that they were tired of some of the "old vets" calling in about the ragged flag.
I wasn't so old at the time and let them have a little piece of flag history and why it is still allowed to be flown, vs the commies flying their flag.....
They were so stupid they didn't recognise the significance, but ordered another flag to shut us up.:clap3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom