Antlers Deer festival

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A DEER festival - during DEER (archery) season? It's hard to imagine anything dumber than that.

I guess all non-hunting deer watchers might attend.

What better time to have it! Not a whole lot of deer movement midday right now. We go hunt the morning, then crawl out of the stand and come to town for the festivities, count the mullets, eat some chili, then head back out to the stand. Caution needs to be taken climbing back up in the stand after eating a bunch of chili for lunch. You can get in a bad situation pretty quickly!

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What better time to have it! Not a whole lot of deer movement midday right now. We go hunt the morning, then crawl out of the stand and come to town for the festivities, count the mullets, eat some chili, then head back out to the stand. Caution needs to be taken climbing back up in the stand after eating a bunch of chili for lunch. You can get in a bad situation pretty quickly!

P, I am not going anywhere near your stand after you eat chili, that would just be :fart: crazy. But, come by the cabin Saturday night for a beverage.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ditto Roosta - You can hunt in the morning, go to the festival during the middle of the day and be back in your stand for the evening hunt. You get to have your cake and eat it too. What could be better than that????? Well maybe hunt in the morning, crappie fish during the day and baga buck in de evenin. Life is good in the country.:sunbath: City folk dont know what they are missing. Southeast Oklahoma is God's country. We are blessed with good fishing, good hunting, beautiful fall colors as well as gorgeous dogwoods in the Spring.
The festival is growing each year and herald's the beginning of the fall season. I look forward to the Festival each fall. The days are warm and bright. I get to see a gathering of friends, eat some good food and enjoy all the homemade pies my belly can hold AND hunt or fish within 20 minutes. Can someone top that???????????????

Latest posts

Top Bottom