Any sales on High Point .45s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guns are hideous and the fit is similar to that of the toy you had when you were little where you put the cube in the square hole and the sphere in the round one.

My friend has one he keeps in his truck all the time and if anything happens to it then he didn't just lose a $1k 1911. Not the most responsible frame of mind I know but hey, I've tried to tell him. Its top heavy and awkward to hold and recoils horribly for its given caliber. Just look at the picture in the post before me. Everything from just above the trigger to the top of the gun cycles when fired, that's a lot of mass to be moving. You don't even have to shoot one, just go to the store and hold one. Immediately you can tell there was no thought put into the balance of the gun. Nice thing about it is that its all around heavy so when it fails on you in a defense situation you have a back up billy club. Shoots like a $150 gun, functions like a $150 gun, I am not surprised at what you get for the price. Don't get me wrong, it is a gun that has the capability of making someone on the receiving end very unhappy for $150 and a $150 gun is better than none at all. Arguably yielding the same result with much less invested but that's assuming it functions properly and its the first shot. Getting back on target after first shot is much more of a chore than with other guns.

Lifetime warranty sounds great but how effective is a firearm that's constantly in a mail truck or back at the factory? Buy whatever you want but my life is worth a hell of a lot more than 150 bucks.

I understand that people are cheap but does your father really feel comfortable going cheap on something his life may depend on? Do YOU feel comfortable with your father's life depending on this gun? If he's already got other nicer guns and wants to get one just for sh*ts and gigs then its a different story but if he is buying as a main handgun I would really talk to him about it.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on Bob Morris with Morris Sporting Goods. He sells many of them and his prices are amongst the lowest if not the lowest around.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned SEVERAL hipoints. All calibers, all sizes. I have never had one single malfunction of any kind from them. I actually had a hipoint 45 that was more accurate than a colt 1911. (both factory). I know they are inexpensive, and not made as well as a kahr,colt,sig,springer,glock,etc... But, they are what they are. Not only has NONE of mine ever had a single hiccup,but neither has any of my friends hipoints.

I know most alot of have never shot one and give horrible reviews because it's the cool thing to do, and some actually have bad experiences. Just as any gun can be a lemon. But IMHO hipoints ARE NOT that bad. I would not use one for a ccw, because that isn't what they where made for. Obviously.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand that people are cheap but does your father really feel comfortable going cheap on something his life may depend on? Do YOU feel comfortable with your father's life depending on this gun? If he's already got other nicer guns and wants to get one just for sh*ts and gigs then its a different story but if he is buying as a main handgun I would really talk to him about it.

This isn't going to be for CCW, or self defense. He has a Llama 1911 for that. This is strictly a range plinker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom