Any sales on High Point .45s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in agreement with Coltcombats comments but would like to add that I like to shoot and ride motorcycles, I don't turn up my pointy little nose at other peoples guns or bikes, If you share my passion for guns or bikes thats good enough for me, run what you brung and shoot what you got!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if the French resistance folks turned up their nose at the Liberator pistols in WW2

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father in law has one in 9mm. I have shot it and still think it sucks. Plus you have to wonder how weak the metal in the slide is that they have to make it so thick.

[Broken External Image]

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My FIL owns a .380 and a 9mm Hi-Point. It has never had a FTF or FTE, but I will not ever own one. They are fugly and heavy. But if it gets someone involved in shootin' , then great. It is good for some people I guess.

permafrost

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My father in law has one in 9mm. I have shot it and still think it sucks. Plus you have to wonder how weak the metal in the slide is that they have to make it so thick.

[Broken External Image]

They are thick and heavy because they are strictly blow back action. That's how they sell them so cheap. I agree they are ugly and awkward, but they work! Plain and simple. I had a 9mm carbine, never gave me one second of trouble, and was accurate. I sold it because I couldn't see any real reason to own it, but it worked! How long? who knows

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a guy near Madill that sells them for $100 out of his house. Brand new.

I will never own one.

the 380 and sometimes 9mm for like $109 is a deal. For sure not as pretty as a name brand, but for the sock drawer and non-enthusiast, then they hit the spot of being armed.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you ever get to hold the .45 model, it is the biggest auto pistol I think I have ever held. the .380/9mm is a great deal smaller, not a bad backup, to a backup

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But if he's too cheap to pay asking price for a Hi Point, how will he ever be ok with paying for .45 ammo? :D

Now that's funny!!!:pms2:

The crazy thing about this....I went to the Hi-Point Forum (yes, they have one)...and the folks on the site just love there guns. They do a lot of talking about "gun snobs". I'd still like to shoot one, just to see what they're like (even though I am a gun snob).

Latest posts

Top Bottom