Anyone else have a SHTF Bag or Bug Out Bag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. Ammo, carbs and protien. H2O purification stuff, not H2O (too heavy). Something to start a fire with. Solar/Crank radio. Believe it or not, even the Federal govt at ready.gov recommends you have something like this.

When you think you have everything you need in it, put it on (yes it should be something you can carry) and wear it all day. Your neighbors may laugh at you while you mow the lawn in it, but you will have the last laugh if the SHTF for real. This will let you know if you have packed too heavy, or can pack more. Good luck.

lowbudgetplinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I have one that I have been putting together recently. Ammo,food,water,shelter,fire,meds,etc...I bought a pack from Brigadoons Military Surplus to carry all the SHTF goods in. Also, those of you with the Iphone, there is an app called "Survival Guide" I believe that is the military FM 21-76 guide. I thought it was a nice app to read for someone to get some info on survival. (won't do any good when your phone is dead) I also came across some info making a heater/stove using a 1 quart can,roll of toilet paper, and 91% isopropyl alcohol. There are all kinds of info on B.O.B. on google. Good luck!

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My BOB has a lot of little things you never think of... a folding shovel, rain ponchos, a crank radio, crank battery lanterns, fire starting gear, a sewing kit, rope, first aid kit.... just a lot of the little things you never think of until its too late.

Mine is a larger bag that I am depending on taking in an auto since I live in a rural area and my first bug out area is my house itself.

seurto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and the wife got the frankenpacks from brigadoons and filled them for a hiking/camping trip..
Basically everything you would need for 3 days in the woods.. after our trip, we just left them packed and have jackets and boots attached so, if need be, we can grab and go.. But go where? lol... cant tote the armory with us.

may be a little extreme for a starter BOB.. Best thing to do is start with the basics (foodstuff, clothing, medicinal, self-preservation devices) and go from there..

I have the SAS survival guide on my i-phone as well.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My BOB is packed and ready to go. It's called a Suburban. Should it fail, there is where I shall make my stand.

Woody

LOL ... I'm with ya!! I had a friend actually suggest that we needed to sell our Suburban because the transmission recently took a dump on us. I can replace that transmission for a heck of a lot less than I can buy a new Suburban. And while I love my pick-up but I can hide several dead bodies on my way to the city dump in that Suburban if I need to. Haha!

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody said a towel. Always bring a towel. If you want to survive, you have to know where your towel is.

And guns, and ammo we have at least two of everything, in six calibers; 7.62x39, 5.56x45, 45ACP, 38/357, 9mm, and 22. All the other guns are just toys.
We have water, food, first aid, rope shovel, pick axe, Hi Lift jack, and a Jeep. Actually, we have more than one Jeep. 2 of everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom