Anyone else have a SHTF Bag or Bug Out Bag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks BB haha. Its my lady's birthday so I thought I would surprise her and get us a mossy lol. She really wanted jewelry because her necklace got stolen but she is a shooter too so we will both be happy! (i hope)

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a pretty decent Winchester bag at Wally World for $28 a few months ago. It even came with 2 little water bottles. I have some water purification tabs, some actual water packets(got hooked up on those from a friend, they're good for many years), ammo, 20 or 30 feet of 550 paracord, a pretty heavy duty first aid kit, survival knife, a cheap LED flashlight that runs on a single AA(I always have my Fenix with me, it's just more of a backup), a couple of the thicker thermal blankets, and a magnesium fire starter. There's a laundry list of other stuff I want to stick in there, just haven't got around to buying the stuff. Cotton balls soaked in petroleum jelly is another handy thing to have in there, just haven't done that either. I bought this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Mykel-Hawkes-...3582/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301775193&sr=8-1

It's a bit heavy, it's all the smooth acidic paper, but it's got so much good info in it, it was worth it.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm bugging in. And waiting for all of the guys with bugout bags who don't really know where they're bugging out to to get hung up before they get out of town, or run out of gas just outside of the city limits. Then when they come lugging that bag across the field, I'll snipe them at long range, and take their stuff.

And of course they'll get eated.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm bugging in. And waiting for all of the guys with bugout bags who don't really know where they're bugging out to to get hung up before they get out of town, or run out of gas just outside of the city limits. Then when they come lugging that bag across the field, I'll snipe them at long range, and take their stuff.

And of course they'll get eated.

I got a nice location to bug out to. Middle of nowhere, water nearby, lots of animals around, plenty of wood to burn to cook and stay warm with. Zombies ain't gon find me there :D

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And while I love my pick-up but I can hide several dead bodies on my way to the city dump in that Suburban if I need to. Haha!

Previous experience?

Nobody said a towel. Always bring a towel. If you want to survive, you have to know where your towel is... 2 of everything.

You never know when the galaxy is making room for an interstellar space highway... and 2 is 1, 1 is none.

Latest posts

Top Bottom