Anyone ever made a Saya (scabbard)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking thru our daughters house to see how hard it is going to be to clean it out since she was just short of being a hoarder. Found that she had picked up a nice decorative Katana at a garage sale that she was planning on giving me for Christmas. I plan to keep it as a reminder of her and named it after her.

Only problem is the wood saya is crap and held together by electrical tape. Also has a hole or two in it. I found some on the web but they are cheap Chinese junk. While the sword is not the greatest, it is not bad for 440C stainless and is even semi-sharp. I want a decent saya for it even if I have to try making it myself. Plus I really do not want to give the Chinese any money if I can help it.

I was just wondering if anyone here had tried making one, was interested in making one, or knew of someplace I could pick up some hardwood reasonably to make it myself. Some videos on the web showing how to do it and I think I can. Might need to use someones band saw for a bit but I think I have all the other tools I need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom