AR-15 style .22LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nordic Componenets makes the best .22 dedicated upper by far! Much better than Tac Sol or Spikes, and I believe they are a bit cheaper than Tac Sol or Spikes. They are NOT a redesign of a .22 convertion like the Tac-Sol and Spikes but a ground up design and build. There is no comparison! Visit nordiccomp.com you can order on line KurtM

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nordic Componenets makes the best .22 dedicated upper by far! Much better than Tac Sol or Spikes, and I believe they are a bit cheaper than Tac Sol or Spikes. They are NOT a redesign of a .22 convertion like the Tac-Sol and Spikes but a ground up design and build. There is no comparison! Visit nordiccomp.com you can order on line KurtM

This... I can't believe I didn't mention these guys!!! I got a chance to shoot one of these uppers this weekend and it was flawless. Super accurate and reliable.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Two questions: Would it be as reliable as a 10/22? Also, is the barrel threaded 1/2X28? My suppressor wants to know. :)

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am pretty sure they are 1/2x28. As to weather they are as reliable as a 10/22, I can't speak from experience. Reports on the net are consistently good tho. When I get the funds it will be a Nordic Components for me.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've said this before in other threads, but I would highly suggest looking at the Sig Sauer 522 if you aren't wanting a dedicated upper and don't mind something that doesn't feel exactly like an AR. I have one and have been very surprised by it's 100% (so far) functionality with any and all .22 ammo I've run through it as well as it's accuracy. They can be had for a little over $400, but someone had one in the classifieds for exactly $400 NIB.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes Glocktogo they are threaded 1/2x28 and mine has been MORE reliable than a 10-22. I have over 25,000 rounds on the one I got early this year and I think it has malfed 20 times at most, and most of them ammo related (Rem subsonic is CRAP!) It takes Black Dog Machine mags and they have been flawless!

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rusty, I am drooling all over that 5 inch suppressed upper... it makes me think of a ruger mk2 bbl on an AR "frame". :) LOL

Could a person use an AR pistol lower to mount that short of a .22 upper without a tax stamp? What if they owned another AR was not SBR or pistol? Would they be screwed on "intent" even if they never mounted the short .22 upper on the rifle lower?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes Glocktogo they are threaded 1/2x28 and mine has been MORE reliable than a 10-22. I have over 25,000 rounds on the one I got early this year and I think it has malfed 20 times at most, and most of them ammo related (Rem subsonic is CRAP!) It takes Black Dog Machine mags and they have been flawless!

Well I have 8 BDM mags, so I may have to get one of these! Hmm, that SS 18" would match my new Noveske SPR nicely! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom