AR-15 style .22LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rusty, I am drooling all over that 5 inch suppressed upper... it makes me think of a ruger mk2 bbl on an AR "frame". :) LOL

Could a person use an AR pistol lower to mount that short of a .22 upper without a tax stamp? What if they owned another AR was not SBR or pistol? Would they be screwed on "intent" even if they never mounted the short .22 upper on the rifle lower?

I had this upper on a pistol lower while the stamp was being processed and my opinion of AR pistol configurations is that they are pretty much worthless.
As it turns out this little rifle actually works really well and is capable of "combat" accuracy out to 150 yards with bulk ammo. To be honest, if I was going to build another rifle like this, I would get a Nordic upper with a somewhat longer barrel. I've gotten a chance to shoot a couple different setups from Nordic and have been very impressed on each occasion.

gingerbredman00

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Colt is crap and universally panned. The Smith had teething problems (mainly extractors) but they seem to have that issue fixed. No experience with the Mossy, so I can't comment on it.

Have an AR already? If so, just get a CMMG .22 kit for it or buy a Tactical Solutions upper.

what's wrong with the colt?
I was looking at getting one as my fun,cheap gun.

Well after looking through more pages, I'v read all i need to.
SIG 522 it is

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WARNING: THE MOSSBERG 702 TACTICAL IS ABSOLUTE CRAP. The flimsy plastic shell that encases the action is in 2 pieces, split down the middle, and held together with some little screws. The front sight base is split down the middle, with the front sight post attached to one half. The front sling swivel is also attached to that half. If you use a sling-supported position, it will pull the 2 halves of the shell apart, and you will see a big crack of daylight down the middle of the FSB. It will result in HUGE POI changes.

I witnessed one of these in action at one of our events, and the poor guy who bought it couldn't get 20 MOA groups out of the thing... from prone!

It is generally very low quality... the sights are all plastic, and do not use any AR parts. The front sight isn't adjustable at all. The rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation, but it does not adjust in clicks... it is just on 2 plastic screws with very coarse threads. The stock on the ones I saw does not telescope... it uses a cheap Stag Arms buttstock or something like that, but it has been pinned in place. Probably for sale in more totalitarian parts of the country. I suppose you could buy the stock parts to convert it back to a collapsible stock, but it would not be worth spending the money on this piece of junk.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WARNING: THE MOSSBERG 702 TACTICAL IS ABSOLUTE CRAP. The flimsy plastic shell that encases the action is in 2 pieces, split down the middle, and held together with some little screws. The front sight base is split down the middle, with the front sight post attached to one half. The front sling swivel is also attached to that half. If you use a sling-supported position, it will pull the 2 halves of the shell apart, and you will see a big crack of daylight down the middle of the FSB. It will result in HUGE POI changes.

I witnessed one of these in action at one of our events, and the poor guy who bought it couldn't get 20 MOA groups out of the thing... from prone!

It is generally very low quality... the sights are all plastic, and do not use any AR parts. The front sight isn't adjustable at all. The rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation, but it does not adjust in clicks... it is just on 2 plastic screws with very coarse threads. The stock on the ones I saw does not telescope... it uses a cheap Stag Arms buttstock or something like that, but it has been pinned in place. Probably for sale in more totalitarian parts of the country. I suppose you could buy the stock parts to convert it back to a collapsible stock, but it would not be worth spending the money on this piece of junk.

Did a little reading on them myself when I saw Gander Miountain's Black Friday add. It's just a plinkster action placed into an AR style shell. I think Mossberg is mainly trying to sell this on looks alone. I've seen some good reports on this and a couple of negative ones too. Mossberg does make this with a collapsible stock.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, don't get me to lying. I get their sales papers because I'm on the OK/TX border and theres one just across the river.

-EDIT- Just checked and none in Oklahoma.

I new OKC did not have one, but I thought Tulsa might. I have seen them in Texas, but have never been inside.

Latest posts

Top Bottom