AR Lower painting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind regarding paingting lettering and rollmarks... some companies don't engrave them very deep and this may make it tough to get them looking nice and even. My Anderson lowers I did one and didn't like how it looked (hate the horse rollmark anyways), and a couple of my Spike's lowers had some shallow parts as well. I think these may have been blems, but I don't remember, honestly. I did the red scorpion on one of my Rise Armament lowers, and it is very shallowly cut, which made it very difficult to remove the excess without taking the paint out of the grooves.

I'll go pull some out of the safe and see if I can snap some decent pics for ya.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
On this one you can see a few spots in the lettering where the paint just would not stay, if I applied enough pressure wiping to get the excess off. It's not a huge deal, though. Also, the rollmark itself is cut pretty shallow, and it's pretty busy, too, so it's hard to get it to look nice. I would have like to do the pyramid in white with the scorpion in red, but the way it's cut the paint runs into the lines too easily. I gave up and did it all red.

It's hard to tell with the photos, but doing white underneath really makes the brighter colors stand out a lot more. Doing the eyes only on the skull for the Punisher logo wasn't bad, it was slightly more difficult with the Calico Jack.

i236.photobucket.com_albums_ff121_tRdoc_017_zps7635a6b5.jpg

Oh and the flash makes the excess from wiping really stand out, too, you can barely see the streaks on mine... looks like a little oxidation, is all. If I clean it up with some gun oil, it'd probably not show at all.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On this one you can see a few spots in the lettering where the paint just would not stay, if I applied enough pressure wiping to get the excess off. It's not a huge deal, though. Also, the rollmark itself is cut pretty shallow, and it's pretty busy, too, so it's hard to get it to look nice. I would have like to do the pyramid in white with the scorpion in red, but the way it's cut the paint runs into the lines too easily. I gave up and did it all red.

It's hard to tell with the photos, but doing white underneath really makes the brighter colors stand out a lot more. Doing the eyes only on the skull for the Punisher logo wasn't bad, it was slightly more difficult with the Calico Jack.

i236.photobucket.com_albums_ff121_tRdoc_017_zps7635a6b5.jpg

Oh and the flash makes the excess from wiping really stand out, too, you can barely see the streaks on mine... looks like a little oxidation, is all. If I clean it up with some gun oil, it'd probably not show at all.

And looks good, I like it

Latest posts

Top Bottom