Ar problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct I did not load these.

I think you would be wise to ditch these rounds. Either by selling for the components or, returning them to the loader. I hope this isnt an expensive solution. It would suck to have a boatload of these around and not be able to use them, or fix them.

On the plus side i think you have pretty well sorted out the problem considering there isnt an issue with factory ammo.

Cmcmill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well went shooting yesterday ran 200 rds of factory ammo through not one problem. My buddy that reloaded the rounds was with me so I loaded up a mag to show him what it was doing first mag no problem at all so I ran three more 30rd mags and not a single problem.. The gun ran flawlessly the whole damn time I did slow shots and dumping the mag as quick as possible not one problem. Kinda stumped haha

Cmcmill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed on my rifle is on the bcg the star shaped thing that pushes the round up the feed ramp is really notchy and on my buddies it had a really smooth action and would come back on its own after pushing it in with your finger. On mine you have to manually pull it out and dosen't feel smooth at all.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed on my rifle is on the bcg the star shaped thing that pushes the round up the feed ramp is really notchy and on my buddies it had a really smooth action and would come back on its own after pushing it in with your finger. On mine you have to manually pull it out and dosen't feel smooth at all.

That is the bolt. The notchy thingy is the bolt face. You might try tearing the bolt down and giving it a good cleaning and lubing. As it wears it will get a little smoother. Here is a link with a lot of good maintenance and cleaning information.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_7/456002_Field_stripping_the_AR15__massive_pics_.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom