AR upper question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the market for a complete upper (14.5 or 16) and have been considering CMMG and RRA. Would appreciate comments on these as well as others. It will go a Spikes lower. Haven't decided on the stock yet. Sights will depend on the upper. Since its a "black gun", I prefer black. Thanks!:thumb:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would suggest you look at Bravo Company uppers. I think they are the best bang for the buck.

Absolutely! Also, Bravo Company currently has the Daniel Defense DDXV 16" M4 Upper Half (w/ BCG & Rear Sight) on sale for $499, which is a smokin deal on a top shelf complete upper.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Daniel-Defense-DDXV-16-M4-Upper-Half-p/dd xv upper half.htm

If you're willing to pony up an extra $200, you could have a truly killer upper:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Dani...Half-OmegaX-12-p/dd xv upper half dd 9013.htm

The rail alone normally sells for $300+ (even though it's on sale at BCM for $179 right now)

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like an excellent deal, unfortunately they are sold out. I signed up for the email notification when they are back in stock. Thanks

They went on sale Wednesday and it doesn't look like it took long at those prices. If you had the extra coin, you should consider the $699 that's in stock. When they sell out there's no telling if they'll ever be that cheap again.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They went on sale Wednesday and it doesn't look like it took long at those prices. If you had the extra coin, you should consider the $699 that's in stock. When they sell out there's no telling if they'll ever be that cheap again.

I will have to give that some thought, I was wanting to pay about $500. So you would recommend a DD over a LMT?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will have to give that some thought, I was wanting to pay about $500. So you would recommend a DD over a LMT?

They're both excellent, but if it were my money I'd buy this upper over a LMT. I'd agree with Whitey on the FF rails, but realize that the DD rails are very strong, yet very light. This particular rail has tons of flexibility, such as a 12 o'clock flashlight mount in front of the front sight, and plenty of room for something like the new Magpul AFG.

If I hadn't recently bought both a Noveske Switchblock upper AND a Colt 6933 upper, I'd have ordered one of these on Wednesday when I ordered a DD Omega 7.0 rail for the 6933.

Man I gotta quit looking at that ad. It's gonna make me do something stupid. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom