Are there any other people interested in a private range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnc monkey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm retired FAA and taught heating and air conditioning for 20 years, I could help with the ventilation requirements for the facility. The only thing that concerns me is trying to economically air condition a space with the ventilation requirements that a gun range would have. I would like to go to Heartland Outdoors and see what they have done with their new facililty. Perhaps that would shed some light on this. I will also check into the National Mechanical Code and see what they say the minimum ventilation requirements would be for a shooting range.

Thanks for the help. I have checked and between National Mechanical Code, and other requirements that are specifically ment for a gun range they tell us what needs to be done to make it safe and usable. I also have all the docs. from the NRA about designing a range to help. An expert would help in translating everything back to english.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My goal is to have a working range that is like any other with one difference though. If you want to go and shoot a couple of boxes at 3:00 A.M. you just go and do it. Kind of like those 24 HR fitness places. One of the big things for me is getting help with the ventilation, you know figuring out the cfm of air across the firing line so everyone can breath easy. I know I have shoot at a couple of places in the past that you would be coughing after 20 min. on the line. I think everyone would like to shoot at a place that they felt like they have a part in.

I work nites, so on my off nites I would LOVE this. All I can offer is a strong back and a willingness to do /help any way I can.

bmcburdi

New to the site!
Reaction score
Count me in, this sounds like a great idea. I'm not that knowledgeable with air and heat and that other stuff, but I got tools, and I know my father is the best handyman I have ever met, built an entire two story house back in NJ with his own two hands, he would be willing to help. You name the place and time and I will try like hell to be there.

Oklahoma Stronghold

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not skilled in heating/air or electrical but I'm a good laborer. I can help get done whatever needs to be done. I'm a Realtor so let me know what areas you're interested in and what price range and I can start looking around.

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you say you don't want to do this as a business but , However it works out it would have to be set up as club of some sort with montly dues and memberships.Mainly because whoever puts the lease , the bills , the insurance , etc... in there name needs to know that money will be there every month. This is something that I have thought a little about before myself. I think to really make this work we would need about 80 to 100 members to start off with and put the whole thing together in the first place. Everyone would probably need to make $100.00 dollar investment up front to give us some capital for supplies , deposits on the building and other things. On top of that a monthly due of $30.00 dollars or so would need to be in place to keep everything paid for.I also think we need some legal help as how to set this thing up so that it is in some type of business so that the building and everything can be set up in its name and not just an individual.

Not trying to tell you how to do it , I am just sharing some of the thoughts I have had on this before. Keep me updated on your thoughts and plans. I know I can get about 10 people on board right off the bat....

cnc monkey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not skilled in heating/air or electrical but I'm a good laborer. I can help get done whatever needs to be done. I'm a Realtor so let me know what areas you're interested in and what price range and I can start looking around.
I could always use an expert in locating a final place for the club. If you could PM me a contact I will let you know the size requirement we need.

cnc monkey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you say you don't want to do this as a business but , However it works out it would have to be set up as club of some sort with montly dues and memberships.Mainly because whoever puts the lease , the bills , the insurance , etc... in there name needs to know that money will be there every month. This is something that I have thought a little about before myself. I think to really make this work we would need about 80 to 100 members to start off with and put the whole thing together in the first place. Everyone would probably need to make $100.00 dollar investment up front to give us some capital for supplies , deposits on the building and other things. On top of that a monthly due of $30.00 dollars or so would need to be in place to keep everything paid for.I also think we need some legal help as how to set this thing up so that it is in some type of business so that the building and everything can be set up in its name and not just an individual.

Not trying to tell you how to do it , I am just sharing some of the thoughts I have had on this before. Keep me updated on your thoughts and plans. I know I can get about 10 people on board right off the bat....

You are thinking along the same lines that I am as far as how many members it would take to make a go of it. With the numbers that I am working with we shouldn't need a monthly due. Myself and a couple of people that I work with are willing to get things started so that way we don't need 80-100 people in the beginning, possibly 30-40 and work up at 8-10 a month till we get enough. Thanks for the input, if you have any other ideas please just let me know.

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just keep me updated on when you need some help and I will be there. I also have a friend in heat and air to help us out and probably throw in a little change up front. I have 6 people that would definitely be in and willing to help , and could probably come up with a few more if needed.

Bjasper24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im interested just let me know the details. im not good with electrical and heating but im a hard worker. and I know a few guys i work with would be interested. Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom