Are there any other people interested in a private range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnc monkey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am trying to find some other people that might want to be able to shoot when ever they want without needing to pay each time they go to the range. I was lucky enough to end up with the steel from the walls and backstop that was "Bob Howard's Indoor gun range". If you never shot there, it was my favorite range untill it closed down. It was on Reno between Portland and May on the south side across form the fair grounds (where Freddie's Discount Tires is now). This not something I want to do as a business, I just want to be able to go and shoot when I want and have others be able to do the same. I have a lot of experience with fab work but could use some people that know heat and air, electrical, and that are good at helping build things. What would be ideal for me is if we can have a coop and all the members are equal. If you have any suggestions please send those to me also.

TheRulingFool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might not have experience with heat and air or fab or anything, but I can learn quickly and am willing to help where able. I'm one of those "tell him what to do, and watch him go" types. I'm also damn good with anything related to a computer, if that helps.

cnc monkey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My goal is to have a working range that is like any other with one difference though. If you want to go and shoot a couple of boxes at 3:00 A.M. you just go and do it. Kind of like those 24 HR fitness places. One of the big things for me is getting help with the ventilation, you know figuring out the cfm of air across the firing line so everyone can breath easy. I know I have shoot at a couple of places in the past that you would be coughing after 20 min. on the line. I think everyone would like to shoot at a place that they felt like they have a part in.

cnc monkey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No Facility yet, I have found several places that would work just need to get all the peaces of the puzzle together so to speak. Right now all the steel is standing in a couple of racks I built to hold them upright. I have friends that are helping look for possible locations but I would be thankful for suggestions also. Let me know if anyone knows of something.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My goal is to have a working range that is like any other with one difference though. If you want to go and shoot a couple of boxes at 3:00 A.M. you just go and do it. Kind of like those 24 HR fitness places. One of the big things for me is getting help with the ventilation, you know figuring out the cfm of air across the firing line so everyone can breath easy. I know I have shoot at a couple of places in the past that you would be coughing after 20 min. on the line. I think everyone would like to shoot at a place that they felt like they have a part in.

I'm retired FAA and taught heating and air conditioning for 20 years, I could help with the ventilation requirements for the facility. The only thing that concerns me is trying to economically air condition a space with the ventilation requirements that a gun range would have. I would like to go to Heartland Outdoors and see what they have done with their new facililty. Perhaps that would shed some light on this. I will also check into the National Mechanical Code and see what they say the minimum ventilation requirements would be for a shooting range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom