Are you a member with less than 100 posts?? If so ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a reader. Not a writer.

Hmmmm ... we might need to work on that ... :P Glad you are here!! :wave:

Can't remember how I found the forum. I read here almost every day. I think the reason I don't post much is that I have burned out on the internet banter over the years on other sites. I guess I am not totally cured because I do come here to watch the show often...lol.

I do that everyonceinawhile ... (get burned out) ... Don't post anywhere else ... just here ... :naughty: :rotflmao: Seriously ... lol :mosh:

I don't remember how or why I found this place...but find it I did.
I lurk mostly...drinking from the fountain of knowledge. ;)

You are obviously reading different threads than I am ... :ugh2:

:rotflmao: Just kidding ... :chat:

I found the forum a few years back...don't remember what I was searching for at the time, but it led me here. The few folks I have met from here were good people. I just tend to hang back and enjoy the stories/banter. I'm the same in person...Plus, I'm usually stuck with the iPad or my phone, and I'm terrible at typing on either of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man, I hear ya. It drives me NUTS when I'm on the phone ... or the kindle ... Neither one of them give me the same ease of responding that the regular old keyboard does ... :anyone:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just want to say that OSA is glad you are all here ... whether you "just" lurk or whether you comment from time to time. Obviously, I would personally have a lot more fun if all you lurkers would talk to me from time to time ... Cuz I'm just a chatty-Cathy that way ... Besides ... you don't have a chance to win any of the giveaways ... or contests ... if you don't post ...

And there are a LOT of you guys in the OKC metro area that really need to come check out our eat and shoots. The rest of you guys from around the state are welcome, too, of course, but I completely understand why someone wouldn't want to drive half a day to eat lunch or dinner with a cranky bunch of social misfits ... :P (I'd say "old" social misfits but then Jedabug would take offense ... :rotflmao:)

ditchDr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I found this forum from a thread on Glock Talk. Was looking for CC info at the time. There is a wealth of information in the (then) concealed carry section. I really appreciated the input from Michael Brown. Also the discussions of when to shoot are helpful because they run the gauntlet from mall ninjas to the "I aint shootin nobody" train of thought. We all have to draw our own lines. Looking at it from every different angle is a wise move. I think most people assume when they shoot in a self defense situation that it's a done deal. Wrong. I've been in EMS for 30+ years and arrived at the beginning of the aftermath many times. I've always hated working shooting scenes. The hatred still hangs so thick in the air that you can almost hear the gun shot. You just want to get away and take a shower. Dang!! I didn't mean to get so heavy.Thanks OSA for a great source of information.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha! DitchDr I LUV your screen name! :rotflmao:

You are so right in your comments. When I first considered getting my CCL my brother (who was a paramedic at the time, and had been for several years), GC (the damned JBT of the bunch), and me (a paralegal) had a LOT of discussions about the ramifications of a shooting. It is fascinating to see how different professionals view the same event. The discussions that Michael Brown spearheaded and moderated here are a wealth of information.

Glad you posted!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just found the site a couple months ago looking for a part on google.

Just a quiet sort of person. Learn more by listening. Link from other sight.

Glad you are both here!! Please ... feel free to post more ... :P

OK ... contest still has another week ... I KNOW there are more of you guys out there ... com'on ... don't be shy ... :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom