Are you prepared for nuclear war?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only if I have a 30 min warning to drive towards Tinker or Fort Sill as fast as possible.

Can you actually access the bases? And do you know where to go once you get there, and would you be let in for that matter?

Besides, one would be vastly disappointed in the amount of "Nuclear Fallout" shelters available there....

And this. My building is considered a "fallout shelter". It has some reinforced walls and doors, but there is no air filtration or anything else to prevent contamination from getting into the spaces.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I had prior warning that a nuclear attack was about to occur, the last place I would drive toward is a military base. Wherever the blast occurred would be totally eliminated for miles surrounding the area and the fallout and after effects would be around for a while. The best place would be a well stocked underground shielded shelter. Google some pictures of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and you'll get the general idea.

I watch the preppers shows once in a while and laugh at some of the stuff they think they are going to survive. I think that they may do well in a natural disaster, but an attack is a different thing.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't forget Mcalister, pretty sure the ordinance plant would be a high value target. I was told by a guy who looked at target planning back in the bad old days that Oklahoma wouldn't survive. Stands to reason, Tinker is a big target, so is Mcalister, and Ft Sill. What about Enid and Altus? not sure where those would be on anyone priority list.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I had prior warning that a nuclear attack was about to occur, the last place I would drive toward is a military base. Wherever the blast occurred would be totally eliminated for miles surrounding the area and the fallout and after effects would be around for a while. .

I'm guessing that the original post about driving towards the military bases with 30 minutes of lead time was someone's way of saying "I'll just get it over with quick instead of slowly dying afterwards".

At least that is the way that I took it.

Dave

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the original post about driving towards the military bases with 30 minutes of lead time was someone's way of saying "I'll just get it over with quick instead of slowly dying afterwards".

At least that is the way that I took it.

Dave

My thoughts exactly. I wait every day to get on the damn base and there are no warheads inbound. When the **** goes down, you aren't getting on, put your **** in park and kiss your ass goodbye.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that if a full nuclear exchange were going to take place, I would just as soon get vaporized in the first blast. I would not want to see or experince the sufferring that would fall on the survivors.

Don't forget Mcalister, pretty sure the ordinance plant would be a high value target. ...

Not trying to be a jerk, but it is "Ordnance", not "Ordinance". I have been an Army Ordnance Corps instructor for the past 28 years and it is just a pet peeve of mine when it is spelled wrong.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nuclear War Survival Skills (free book) here:http://www.oism.org/nwss/
Soviet strategic rocket forces will for sure target Tinker and Altus. Airports in Tulsa and OKC possible. Vance possible. Ft Sill and Mcalester, not strategic targets. If sub-launched from the gulf, very little warning time. Have a look at the book....

Latest posts

Top Bottom