Are you prepared for nuclear war?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought that was it, but my spellcheck told me I was wrong. Won't let it do that again.

Actually your spell check is not completely wrong.

An ordinance is a municipal or county law
Ordnance is a mass noun referring to military materials such as weapons, ammunition, equipment, and vehicles.

Again, no offense to you was intended.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nuclear War Survival Skills (free book) here:http://www.oism.org/nwss/
Soviet strategic rocket forces will for sure target Tinker and Altus. Airports in Tulsa and OKC possible. Vance possible. Ft Sill and Mcalester, not strategic targets. If sub-launched from the gulf, very little warning time. Have a look at the book....

Neat little relic from the cold war!

Altus is just a training base now, no longer a SAC or TAC asset with bombers etc...so I'd be surprised if it was still on a primary targetting list.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that targets in OK will be airburst, 550kt prob, that will produce minimal fallout.

Myth: Fallout radiation from a nuclear war would poison the air and all parts of the environment. It would kill everyone. (This is the demoralizing message of On the Beach and many similar pseudoscientific books and articles.)

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes my intent was that it would get over fast.

Do a google search for an article in the New England Journal of Medicine on the effects of a nuclear explosion by distance from the epicenter. It was around 1963. If I can find a free link I will post it. Also a google search for "An epistemology of nuclear weapons effects." Will give some good results.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Myth: Fallout radiation from a nuclear war would poison the air and all parts of the environment. It would kill everyone. (This is the demoralizing message of On the Beach and many similar pseudoscientific books and articles.)

While this was a good book, it had to have been one of the single most depressing movies I ever saw when I was a kid. Still depressing. Still a good movie.

Dave

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see why tinker would be a very big strategic target, it's mostly just a sustainment/maintenance facility. Long term it might hurt, but there's not a lot of high value assets stationed there.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see why tinker would be a very big strategic target, it's mostly just a sustainment/maintenance facility. Long term it might hurt, but there's not a lot of high value assets stationed there.

AWACS and TACAMO are pretty high value.....

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AWACS and TACAMO are pretty high value.....
Exact reason why Tinker would be ground Zero. As for me hmmm slow painful death due to radiation exposure or vaporized ? Fast trip to Tinker and sit as close to the base as possible. Pop open a beer and some cheese and enjoy being toast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom