Are you prepared for nuclear war?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowlight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that if nukes are dropped across America, we are all going to die, some sooner than others The fall out from multiple nukes would not allow anyone to survive in my opinion But that's just me

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I am not prepared to survive a nuclear attack. In an all out war, I think we would be hit pretty hard. I don't think the majority of the population would survive. I pray for it to be over quickly.

Bottom of the page shows targets in Oklahoma

www.webpal.org/SAFE/state/OK/ok_nuclear.htm

According to that, there is absolutely no reason for me to even try to prepare to survive a nuclear attack. Like you, I pray it would be over fast. I've said it before, you do what you can and you give the rest to God. For anyone in the Oklahoma City area, this would be one of those times.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to that, there is absolutely no reason for me to even try to prepare to survive a nuclear attack. Like you, I pray it would be over fast. I've said it before, you do what you can and you give the rest to God. For anyone in the Oklahoma City area, this would be one of those times.

I agree. That picture makes me want to move out to the panhandle! Nuclear attack scares me more than any other SHTF scenario (Even more than zombies)..............probably because it is more of a reality.

OKC9-12LEDR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done a limited amount of research into this. This is one of those low probability high damage scenarios, but something to think about once again. I agree that if you are in the OKC area, kiss it goodbye. Tinker is a top tear target and will not likely be a single hit either. If you are in an area safely outside of those zones, and hopefully where the prevailing winds won't carry the radiation directly at you, there are some home room sized filtration systems on the market. Here is a link to one I found. They also sell larger systems. The key to this kind of thing is to pressurize the room you are in, make sure that all of the incoming air is filtered. The odds go up a lot of you can survive the first few days. Not sure what kind of world there would be after such an attack, but if you have a strong survival instinct, life will likely go on for some.

http://www.americansaferoom.com/Safe-Cell-home-apartment-installations.htm

I think the threat of an EMP is much more likely, it won't destroy the infrastructure like conventional nukes would. 90% of the population would be dead in the first year, easy for a foreign power to come in and take over after the die off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom