Article on AR cleaning and lubrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
STFU, Dustin. You're out of your element. (although a Josh built upper on a FA lower makes my heart melt)

BTW, you ready for WWIII starting tonight? Or are you out of town?

I'm in town. I will be causing WWIII in part tomorrow though. Did you mean tomorrow?

You guys are welcome to swing by for a burger and a brew if you want.

Tomorrow.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
*sigh* Josh, Im not going to spend time looking through tons of old posts to find the examples.

If I accuse someone of something I make sure I can back it up. Kinda along the same lines of saying something is just as good as I make sure I have the experience to back up my claims. That's just me though ymmv.

PS... I don't care about the chart either. I thought I've made that clear.

PSS... Come out with DG on the 23rd and shoot with us.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I realize this. Im just tired of hearing about "quality parts" on a site where I would venture to guess 90% of the ARs are just range guns.

While you might not state someone has to have brand x, you have degraded others opinions. If someone says "I own a stag, and it has been flawless." who cares if they have only owned a stag. And who cares if they only shoot 100 rnds/month. For them, it works. Here again, I would say not very many people use their AR for 1k rnds/mo or for any other reasons than range work. Sure, a few of us have done competitions,... but....

Its never said in respect of someone's hobby gun - its always in response to "just as good".

Seriously man, calm down with all this chart stuff - you're just starting crap over and over now (what is this, 3 different threads now?). Go back and look up whenever folks post about using quality parts - its almost always a response when someone is genuinely asking a question and gets bad advice on "just as good".

Or all too often when advice is asked and someone gives it regarding quality parts, other folks get all offended and start in with "just as good" or "I've had no issues".

Read the article you posted - it has the same basic advice "I’m not impressed with the bleats of, “Well, I’ve had this gun for ten years and it has never ‘jammed’ once.” Of course not. Malfunctions only occur when you fire them." That's in response to "just as good".

Josh's post in the AR Pics thread about the brass deflector was just in jest because of so many trophy guns.

Oh and I would guess that the vast majority of AR owners (both on this site and not) would still consider their "hobby" gun as a serious go-to gun if they needed to in a self-defense situation.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Maybe you need to go back and re-read the jest of my first posts in regards to "the chart". Every time the chart comes up, the first post I make is tongue in cheek and not to be taken seriously. I am not the person getting butt hurt... it seems any time I make reference, the usual suspects come out to opine.

So please spare me the holier than thou talk. If you want to preach to someone, how bouts you preach to people who get touchy over semantics?

On a lighter note,...

[Broken External Image]

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Misc_bd55ad7a.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom