AT&T cell service in Yukon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just switched over from another carrier about 5 months ago. They stated our bill would be one thing, but I am paying about $70 more than they quoted.
That is one thing I love about OEC Fiber—when they tell you that your bill will be $55, it won’t be $55 base price, plus taxes, fees, and “because we suck” charges, it’ll be straight up $55/month.

When AT$T replaced DSL with uVerse, they forced me to switch or lose my service completely. They offered special pricing, so I told them to go ahead, and they scheduled a time for the techs to come out and install the new hardware. The nice lady on the phone swore up and down on a stack of bibles that they would honor this special pricing, no problem.

So I take off work and am sitting in my kitchen twiddling my thumbs as their appointment window approaches, opens, and then goes away. So I call to find out where they are, and there’s no record of them having an appointment to change me over from DSL to uVerse.

This was after THEY called ME to force me into this switch, mind you. Funny enough, it was the same thing that happened when I first got DSL. Get all the confirmations, take off work, and then have nothing happen seems to be par for the course with them. (Hell, we had an AT$T rep who wanted us to get AT$T Fiber at our office; he was all hot to trot until the day of the meeting, then complete radio silence. I guess that’s just how AT$T does things.)

At any rate, I get this thing (re-)scheduled, and this time the uVerse guys show up and install the equipment, and everything looks good…until I get the bill.

Guess who didn’t honor their promise on the pricing. “I’m sorry, but that offer expired.“ Yeah, it expired the week AFTER you f***ed up my install order. Convenient, that.

So, yeah, I don’t trust AT$T to do anything but lie to me and overcharge for their garbage service.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, they finished the fiber to the house. So far so good on the service. I'm keeping cox until I see the first bill and confirm the speeds etc are still good.

We signed up for 500 Mbps. On speedtests up and down it is slightly over that rate. And jitter is +- 3ms around about 12ms. That's definitely cleaner than cox.

I'll probably wait on cell for now.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I just switched from ATT to Consumer Cellular and wish I had done it a long time ago. Customer service is top notch and 100% based in the US. The switch was so easy and a very good experience. My bill went from $70, down to $25

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just switched from ATT to Consumer Cellular and wish I had done it a long time ago. Customer service is top notch and 100% based in the US. The switch was so easy and a very good experience. My bill went from $70, down to $25
Same or similar coverage?

Latest posts

Top Bottom