At what yardage do you guys running eotechs suggest sighting in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 512 and was curious at what yardage you recommend sighting it in? I am leaning towards 100yrds, but hear of a lot of guys doing 50yrds. So, if you run an Eotech, at what yardage do you have it sighted in?

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's good to know. I figure since it will be used for mostly CQC, not like I'll be hunting out to 300 yards or anything, that 25 yards is a good place to be and be within an 1" or 2 out to 50yrds

Chris_Andersen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran an Eotech competitively throughtout 2011 with a 200 yard zero and would recommend it. With most ammo that will be roughly the same as a zero at 50 yards, and will allow you to just put the dot on target and shoot at anything between 30-230yards with only an inch or two of variance in trajectory.

I always start with a zero at 50 and then dial it the rest of the way in on a 200 yard target. I would recommend fine tuning at the longer distance so you know exactly where you are. A 25 yard zero is tough to do if you are looking for ultimate accuracy because at that distance finite adjustments are tough to make, and at 200 (with a 25 yard zero) depending on ammo you are going to be 4-5 inches low.

Chris_Andersen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. Obviously how fine you want to tune depends on what you are doing. I compete in 3 gun and we shoot targets anywhere in between 5 and 600 yards and generally only want to shoot at them once, so I need to know exactly where my zero is and what my ammo is doing. For close stuff, plinking, etc 100 and in, a 50 yard zero will probably serve you just fine.

B

bil deberg

I have a 512 on my socom 2 and I did a 25 yard zero . The farthest I shoot that gun is 50 yards. I have a gun for every purpose so its ok, but if I wanted to use for say 100 or 200 yard shots then I would zero it in at 50 yards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom