ATF Approves CHL for BGC in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, there is still a card to carry, and that is why you occasionally see a question as to how long someone's application period is before receiving their card. As for why, there is the reciprocity aspect and one still needs the permit to carry concealed.

As for me, I like having the card because I refuse to carry openly, and I still want the option of using another state's reciprocity agreement with Oklahoma.
I carry open and concealed. I have been pulled over for speeding, seatbelt a few times and was asked I pointed to where I was carrying concealed or open and officers never had a problem. One time they checked the s numbers no problem. Weird.
Law firm says otherwise.
IMG_4018.png

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several things may cause this like a former arrest (no conviction) or someone with a same/similar name.
Were this me, I’d apply for a UPIN # in order to clear the FBI NICS check quickly.

https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/blogs/nfa-gun-trust-atf-information-database-blog/what-is-a-upin

Sucks that we have to do this at all, I agree. But maybe make the best with what we’ve got for now.
There are 2 people in the US with my name, about 9 years ago the other fella had a shootout with cops in Tennessee. Somehow he bailed out of jail and did the same exact thing in Louisiana like 3 months later. Ever since I get delayed.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry open and concealed. I have been pulled over for speeding, seatbelt a few times and was asked I pointed to where I was carrying concealed or open and officers never had a problem. One time they checked the s numbers no problem. Weird.
Law firm says otherwise.
View attachment 402996
They cannot run the serial number of your carry gun. It states in the Oklahoma SDA that's a violation of your rights. I would be filing a complaint.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I had been told some time ago that my prior military service connected TS clearance would trigger a delay and further “administrative” review…..just another “thank you” from our government.
Oh you too!

I found out how you can fix it, you fill out this form that looks like a job application and wait for them to send you some # that you use on the 4473.

Latest posts

Top Bottom