ATF Breaks the Law and Steals Millions From Taxpayers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not just the ATF that lies to taxpayers, your local PD does too. According to one of my buddies at the PD, one of their officers (not senior, just a regular guy) took home almost 95k last year. LE spending is out of control at every level. When is the last time you've ever heard of a junior officer doing 95k worth of work?

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not just the ATF that lies to taxpayers, your local PD does too. According to one of my buddies at the PD, one of their officers (not senior, just a regular guy) took home almost 95k last year. LE spending is out of control at every level. When is the last time you've ever heard of a junior officer doing 95k worth of work?
How much overtime did he work?

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And why did they do it? Because who is going to stop them? Who's going to hold them accountable? Who's going to make sure they don't do it again? Nobody. Not a damn person/group/agency/branch. We are peasants to the nobles who are above the law.

Yet another reason why ATF, FBI, IRS, etc need to be eliminated, along with every other over-reaching agency (wait, isn't that all of them??).

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our overlords can break the law with impunity. You try that- send me your letter telling me how it worked out from jail…….😐

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Law Enforcement Availability Pay (LEAP) is 25% of base salary (including locality rate, which is 16.82% to 45.41% of base salary, depending on location.). The average salary for an ATF agent is around $62K, so that's around $15.5K extra per year. That doesn't include the accelerated retirement system they're on either. It could be as high as an extra $41K per year for someone who is a GS-13 Step 10 in the San Francisco bay area.

If it can be proven that the people making these determinations knew they were incorrectly categorized, that would be a major criminal felony offense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom