ATF Conducts Surprise Warrantless Inspection(Private Residence) For Multiple Gun Purchases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's Delaware. They've made national gun news once before when it was discovered they kept records of gun owners in the state illegally. Doubt this was the ATFs idea. I'm betting pused into their lap by the DSP. Notice the officer talking is an officer, not an agent.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what I would do: I'd ask them if they are sworn officers of the law and to show me their ID's that so indicate same. Then I would tell them I am the sworn purchaser of these guns in question and can check with the gun dealer to view my sworn statement on the 4473 form that the guns are not for a straw purchase.

Woody

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do like Jerrod's idea of getting an attorney involved. The only issue then is calling attorneys to consult with them, and that could take days...

Or, you could ask them if they are familiar with a document universally known as The Constitution of the United States of America, and it's accompanying Bill of Rights, then you could close the door and go back to watching The Andy Griffith Show.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or, you could ask them if they are familiar with a document universally known as The Constitution of the United States of America, and it's accompanying Bill of Rights, then you could close the door and go back to watching The Andy Griffith Show.
Very true, however I suspect that most government agencies are unfamiliar with the document and it's amendments. "The 4th whatttt?, freedom from whattt!, I can do whatever I damn well please!"

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my first thought is "why would I answer the door?" I mean I know I didn't call the police, right? If they were there to serve a warrant, they'd announce as such. So if I didn't request them and they're not there to serve a warrant, then I see no possible benefit to even letting them know anyone is home.

But let's say you're not quite as uncurious and indifferent as I am. There's always option two:

Latest posts

Top Bottom