Audible.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone use this service?

I have a friend who is using it, but when I tried to ask him some details he gives me bits and pieces of answers and is not sure of anything; truth be told hes sharing his moms account on it, so no telling if what hes telling me he does is cost her extra or what. plus shes a school principal, so who knows if shes getting a special membership or what she has.

I am interested in the gold membership, but I am not quite understanding how it works from the sites information and terms.

I get that per month, you get 1 credit, and 1 credit allows you to "buy" 1 book. (or one of most books that are valued at 1 credit). but does that mean that I will ONLY get to listen to THAT ONE book, for the whole month without spending additional money for another book? Or is it like netflix and you can use the ap and website to stream any and all other books, but the book you "buy with the credit" is yours forever and you can burn it to a cd or something?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You get 1 book per month. That book stays in your audible library forever. Even if you cancel your membership. You can also buy extra books if you want more than 1 per month.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
but unless i pay extra per book, i cannot listen to more than one book per month. so if i manage to finish my first book in a week, i cannot stream another without paying extra again that month?

i mean, i can see it still being a better value, and i am sure its how it would have to be, otherwise the book industry would be loosing a ton of money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom