Auger, plunger, or...?? to clear plastic tampon applicator clog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Danny,

I'm not a plumber, but I'd start here...a sewer cleanout.

Look for this in your backyard.
www.fairfield_city.org_images_ww_Yard_20Cleanout_20Cap.JPG

What I'd do is snake this first....snake it away from the house to try to open up the line. After you do that, have your wife flush the toilet while looking through this hole to see if water is flowing...that's what you want ...water flowing.

If I'm not mistaken....look on top of your house for some plastic pipes. I've known people who snaked these hole(vent pipes for the sewer) and tried to open the sewer line up.

activerain.com_image_store_uploads_6_7_4_4_0_ar127669605104476.jpg

mci_mastercreiainspector.com_image_store_uploads_8_7_8_9_6_ar130461902569878.JPG

*** Remember** I'm not a plumber, so take it for what it's worth.

Also, go to Home Depot or Lowes and explain your problem...they may suggest some ideas...good luck.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can't find that sewer clean out, it might be buried. It's the best place to start. If she's always flushed them then you will most likely need a pro to get in there with the heavy duty tools.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plumber.

Reminds me of this - "Sometimes a marriage looks like a card game - starts out with two hearts and a diamond and ends up with a club and a spade". Plumber sounds like the best solution - letting wife explain to him and pay the bill is optional.

Good Luck!

Cedar Creek

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are most likely still in the toilet. If they were in the main the whole house would back up. Turn off the water and drain the tank and bowl. Remove the toilet and lay it on its side. Look in from the bottom and their probably right there where it turns down. Drag them out with something and reverse the removal process. Be sure to scrape off the old and replace the wax ring. It pretty easy. If you can break down and clean a glock you can do this. If its not there you need a plumber.

Fyi- This also works for match box cars and disembodied barbie appendages. ...

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danny, my mother-in-law owns a plumber,heat , and air company. She said your cheapest and first thing to try is go to lowes or Home Depot and get a "closet auger" (red housing with metal cable that goes down the toilet about 5 or so feet). She said there is a good chance that will work. If that doesn't work she said to call Rooter Man in OKC. She would send her guy out but doesn't do the rooter thing.

Best of luck

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget...Those lil bastages could be clogging the toilet itself. Especially when you consider the route the water and debris take when you flush before it even gets to the pipes.

Pull the toilet and pure water in the pipe and see what happens. That will tell you where to start.

Good luck and remember...Don'r chew your fingernails!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danny, my mother-in-law owns a plumber,heat , and air company. She said your cheapest and first thing to try is go to lowes or Home Depot and get a "closet auger" (red housing with metal cable that goes down the toilet about 5 or so feet). She said there is a good chance that will work. If that doesn't work she said to call Rooter Man in OKC. She would send her guy out but doesn't do the rooter thing.

Best of luck

Thanks! I know where the sewer cleanout is, should I snake from there like others suggested or from the toilet?

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd start from the toilet. The S shaped passageway thru the toilet is quite a bit smaller diameter than the pipe it connects to. In other words if it makes it thru the toilet it will probably go right on out the system.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd start from the toilet. The S shaped passageway thru the toilet is quite a bit smaller diameter than the pipe it connects to. In other words if it makes it thru the toilet it will probably go right on out the system.

this...I'd plunge first then snake from toilet.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom