Auger, plunger, or...?? to clear plastic tampon applicator clog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are most likely still in the toilet. If they were in the main the whole house would back up. Turn off the water and drain the tank and bowl. Remove the toilet and lay it on its side. Look in from the bottom and their probably right there where it turns down. Drag them out with something and reverse the removal process. Be sure to scrape off the old and replace the wax ring. It pretty easy. If you can break down and clean a glock you can do this. If its not there you need a plumber.

Fyi- This also works for match box cars and disembodied barbie appendages. ...

My (at the time) 4 year old niece decided to help her uncle Davy one day and clean the toilet. Her weapon of choice? The 3 tooth brushes that were within her reach on the counter top. She disposed of the tooth brushes by flushing them. Clogged the toilet. The brushes couldn't make it thru the toilet. Did what Foghorn described above to get the out. Auger or plunger had no chance.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My (at the time) 4 year old niece decided to help her uncle Davy one day and clean the toilet. Her weapon of choice? The 3 tooth brushes that were within her reach on the counter top. She disposed of the tooth brushes by flushing them. Clogged the toilet. The brushes couldn't make it thru the toilet. Did what Foghorn described above to get the out. Auger or plunger had no chance.

ROFLMAO! Your post reminded me of something I haven't thought of for YEARS ... When my boys were little, they decided to "help" me and clean the bathroom while I was taking a nap. I woke up to the sound of running water ... When I put my feet on the floor, the carpet was soaked ... (downstairs bathroom, right off the living room) :shocked: They couldn't reach the washing machine knobs to "do the laundry" (the wet towels -- every towel we owned!!) so they tried to flush them down the toilet ... :lookaroun

Bless their hearts ... They couldn't figure out how to make the toilet stop running so they went upstairs to play ... :lmfao:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd start from the toilet. The S shaped passageway thru the toilet is quite a bit smaller diameter than the pipe it connects to. In other words if it makes it thru the toilet it will probably go right on out the system.
^^This. If the toilet is the only thing stopped up, that's where you need to work. As shown in the diagram on the first page, the sewer lines in your house are a branching tree structure, so the fixtures that are clogged will tell you where to work (assuming you have an idea of how the lines are laid out, which carpenters will tell you isn't always easy to guess); basically, you work as close to the clogs as possible, so you'd only work from the house cleanout if everything were backed up or if there were multiple clogged drains near it.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm the one having to explain this, but there is more than one way to skin a cat ... :naughty: Danny doesn't strike me as a "This End Up Only" kinda guy ... :D

BB, just so you know everyone in the office is staring at me right now because i just belly laughed out loud! It was even better that it came from a woman! :spitlaugh

Latest posts

Top Bottom