Awww crap!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Video no workie. So sorry, I can't offer any help. I would have beat the thing into submission by now I'm afraid.

You have to click the watch on utube link. And as tempting as it is to beat the side plate into place, the gun would no longer work if I did and I really like this old revolver. It is the one I carry when the wife hears a noise or I am walking the woods at night. Damn near ventilated the men's room at the gun club one night with it. Nothing like reaching for the door knob and seeing a snake wrapped around it and the door frame. :P :P :P

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just an update. I found the problem and got it working correctly. If you have one of these old Taurus revolvers and have to remove the side plate for any reason there is a trick to reassemble. Instead of trying to fit the side plate over the hand, put the hand in the groove where it rides in the side plate. Then look in the revolver and behind the hammer and trigger you will see a little black piece with a slot in it. Make sure the slot is positioned down so that the pin on the hand will ride in it.

With old Smiths I always positioned the hand in the revolver and fitted the side plate over it so this threw me. At least it is working now as I love these old revolvers.

I really need a better camera. :P

Taurus 357.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom