B&M Brown Bread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Odd, it is always on the shelf in my local commissary (Ft Sill). I haven't looked for it elsewhere seriously, though I browsed a few online purchase sites.
Besides liking the taste, it seems like a practical emergency food - relatively high energy, palatable, keeps well - even when opened it will last a few days with reasonable care which is pretty good for a moist bread.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love me some brown bread and saurkraut, SMS!! GC is such a picky eater!! He'd rather have an MRE than homemade saurkraut... :scratch:

Try it with some of that red kraut...it's even more awesomer'er...LOL.

Odd, it is always on the shelf in my local commissary (Ft Sill). I haven't looked for it elsewhere seriously, though I browsed a few online purchase sites.

Mugsy, what aisle is it in at Sill? I looked at Tinker but couldn't find it....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides liking the taste, it seems like a practical emergency food - relatively high energy, palatable, keeps well - even when opened it will last a few days with reasonable care which is pretty good for a moist bread.

Not to mention, it's already cooked up and ready to go, when you might not have the means -- or if you have the means you might not feel like doing any serious bread making ... It's a lot easier to just heat up something than it is to actually have to cook it from scratch ... (You can tell who's responsible for feeding folks around here, huh?? :wink2:)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try it with some of that red kraut...it's even more awesomer'er...LOL.

Mugsy, what aisle is it in at Sill? I looked at Tinker but couldn't find it....

Ohhhh ... that does sound good ... I just got a book about making kimchi at home ... I gotta get some crocks ... :) Poor GC ... LOL

And I "need" to be a military wife ... sigh ... Man, if only I'd met GC about 10 years earlier ... :naughty:

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to mention, it's already cooked up and ready to go, when you might not have the means -- or if you have the means you might not feel like doing any serious bread making ... It's a lot easier to just heat up something than it is to actually have to cook it from scratch ... (You can tell who's responsible for feeding folks around here, huh?? :wink2:)

All true...I could last a long time on Brown Bread (with raisins) and LifeStraw water! Another big plus is that my wife and kids aren't very partial to the stuff so I can get the lion's share without having to go Medieval on them (at least at first). LOL

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All true...I could last a long time on Brown Bread (with raisins) and LifeStraw water! Another big plus is that my wife and kids aren't very partial to the stuff so I can get the lion's share without having to go Medieval on them (at least at first). LOL

LOL ... Maybe you and I should just stock brown bread and lifestraws ... Cuz GC would die before he'd eat the stuff! LOL :naughty:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mugsy, what the heck does it taste like? Since they make it with raisins I'm assuming it's not a rye. I've been following this thread with curiosity because I've never even heard of the stuff but I do love me some bread. Sour dough, rye, raisin, hawaiian, hard crust, soft crust, it don't matter it's all good. There's that saying that man can't live on bread alone? I think I could give it a go.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested - I found B&M canned Brown Bread in abundance at the Ft Sill commissary. There were at least 15 cans on the shelf at $1.72 each.

Latest posts

Top Bottom